Notices

New start--AGAIN

Old 06-30-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Luckedog, glad to have you. Do you have a sponsor? I know I tried to take the steps on my own and really found I needed the experience, strength and hope of some one who had taken them already to help me keep myself honest when taking them. Read step 5, there is one that can not be done properly alone.

SR is a great help, but I could not stay sober on SR alone, AA was the key for me and I know I can stay sober using AA alone because I did it before I found SR.

Hang around, there are a ton of good folks here.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckedog View Post
Hello to all. I REALLY need this contact with others that know what I am going through. The forums have helped already. I will share more about myself later, short version--This is my last chance to make the quitting final! Putting down the bottle has never been the problem, 2 weeks a month six monts even over a year! Staying quit is the hurrdle I cant seem to get over- I'm getting too old for this! Drinking is killing me and destroying everything I & everyone I love. Please Help!! Thanks, I know you will. Any advice will be gladley recieved!!:praying
Man can I ever relate, I've been drinking off and on (mostly on) for over 45 years. This time I'm 85 daze sober and I aim to remain sober day by day. I don't need another chance, I need this chance. My dad got sober at 80, God love him but I don't want to wait that long.

Whatever we have done with our lives makes us what we are when we die. And everything, absolutely everything, counts.-- Sogyal Rinpoche

Namaste
Old 06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thought I was the only one

Thanks all. Good Wise advice--all of it.I'ts around 100 here today & I just got in from a hot sweaty day on the farm. I was thirsty tired and aggravated with life. When I opened the refrigerator to get something cold--there right in front of me was an ice cold beer (of my wife's). It’s amazing to me - she can drink only one or none-she never overdoes- that’s one of the things that convinced me I was an alcoholic- once I start I CANNOT stop!! Anyway-- I grabbed a bottle of WATTER and am enjoying it now, I really feel good about that decision!!
I know what you are all telling me about AA is good sound advice and should be followed but (trust me) there are reasons I can’t right now. I hold A local political position- if my opposition got a hold of that information they would cut me to pieces.

No I don’t have a sponsor. I would love to have one- if there are any volunteers please let me know. For today I consider you all in that light.
I"M determined to make it - day11 almost done preparing for day 12.