Notices

Off topic, some people, huh.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Off topic, some people, huh.

This one is a classic, I mean, what's wrong with some people??

I have a neighbor who recently took a cruise to Alaska on a Norwegian cruise ship, one of those huge, luxury, floating cities. This guy is really cheap, but has money, so it amazes me when he goes for free bread every Sunday. Ok, that's no big deal. In order to get to San Diego to catch his boat, he asked me if I would drive him there and pick him up at Ontario Airport when he returned. I agreed and the deal was he would pay for the gas, and buy a pizza from my choice of restaurant when he returned. Not much, considering it's two hours to San Diego from here, four hours both ways, and an hour to Ontario AP, two hours both ways. Six hours of travel total.

I went out to buy a new router today to do a small job for a lady, and as I walking up my driveway, he calls to me, "Hey D, I have a half of pizza, I'll bring it over". I'm thinking half a pizza, that wasn't the deal. Well he showed up, believe it or not with a half of pizza, folded in half and wrapped in plastic wrap. I'm looking at this mess as he tries to hand it to me and I say, "Huh, you want me to eat that?? Get outta here, I'm not eating that." The guy looks at me like I'd just slapped him, which in reality I wanted to, but instead I took the mess, said thanks, walked back in my house and tossed it in the trash. Guess I'll buy my own pizza and let him walk the next time he needs a ride. Some people!!

Should I drop this or push the guy for the original agreemnet, what do you think?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mergirl

I think you should meet ME, maybe over by ucr or toms farms and let me buy you something for lunch that's a little heart healthier

(maybe your hp is helping remove greasy foods from temptation HAH!!)
Old 06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would try and forget about it, not worth getting yourself worked up about someone that ignorant. Dont worry about having to drive him again until he asks, then make a decision.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Count yourself lucky for getting the gas cash.
I hope he is a good neighbor otherwise.

Judge Judy says to get all contracts in writing
Old 06-10-2009, 05:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I guess you learned something about your neighbor.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I'd let it go as a lesson learned...to stay away from this guy.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What an as$. Has he done anything else for you in the past? Maybe he is rationalizing going back on his word because he has done something for you in the past. I don't know, it just seems like he would have to have someway to rationalize that sort of behavior in order to live with it.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Your neighbor sounds just like a guy I used to be.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post

I have a neighbor who recently took a cruise to Alaska on a Norwegian cruise ship, one of those huge, luxury, floating cities. This guy is really cheap, but has money, so it amazes me when he goes for free bread every Sunday. Ok, that's no big deal. In order to get to San Diego to catch his boat, he asked me if I would drive him there and pick him up at Ontario Airport when he returned. I agreed and the deal was he would pay for the gas, and buy a pizza from my choice of restaurant when he returned. Not much, considering it's two hours to San Diego from here, four hours both ways, and an hour to Ontario AP, two hours both ways. Six hours of travel total.

I went out to buy a new router today to do a small job for a lady, and as I walking up my driveway, he calls to me, "Hey D, I have a half of pizza, I'll bring it over". I'm thinking half a pizza, that wasn't the deal. Well he showed up, believe it or not with a half of pizza, folded in half and wrapped in plastic wrap. I'm looking at this mess as he tries to hand it to me and I say, "Huh, you want me to eat that?? Get outta here, I'm not eating that." The guy looks at me like I'd just slapped him, which in reality I wanted to, but instead I took the mess, said thanks, walked back in my house and tossed it in the trash. Guess I'll buy my own pizza and let him walk the next time he needs a ride. Some people!!

Should I drop this or push the guy for the original agreemnet, what do you think?

Lmao!!! "I'm looking at this mess as he tries to hand it to me"... I'm sorry that part is hysterical. I'm surprised you even took it in the house. Who gives someone half a pizza wrapped in plastic wrap? I would have told him to keep it, lol. I wouldn't drive him anywhere ever again, but that's just me.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

What other people do (or do not do) is not as important as we think it is.
How we handle the matter and how we treat other people very much is!!

What do our words and actions really say about who we are?
What would we like others to know about us by how we live?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks SR for letting me vent a bit about this little thing. Sometimes it's the little things that bug me the most. I know I've done some boner things in my day, but that doesn't excuse this guy, so I went and bought a pizza myself, making sure that when I brought it from the car, it was in full view of this guy. I know he saw it because of his surveillance camera out front, so I just had to do that, I guess it's the devil in me, lol.

Ain't gonna let this bother me, just am glad I'm not drunk tonight. Day one again without a drink, and a pizza to boot, not too bad of a day, all things considered.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I know he saw it because of his surveillance camera out front
That guy sounds like a jerk..

And, uh.. do most people have surveillance cameras out in the front of their houses where you live?? I just thought that was odd...
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

He has some mental health issues, pray for him... I'm not completely kidding.

What an opportunity he missed, he could have taken his neighbor out for some pizza, showed him some pix from his cruise, told some stories... But instead, he sits at home (alone??) and watches his security camera.

A neighbor of mine (not adjacent, over the hill) shot and killed my beloved 2 year old yellow lab because he came in his yard. This neighbor is a low bottom non recovering drunk... his home and yard is a mess.... He did this the same week my dad died suddenly.

When I ride my bike or drive past his house... I thank God I'm not him, and then I say a prayer for him.

Mark
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
mergirl

Wow Mark, you area better man than I.

D. . .pizza? Tomorrow night better be whole wheat pasta, veggies and fish<3

Call the codie police, I've found a male to save from himself with my magic culinary skills!!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, FS. I'm sorry, but this cracked me up tonight.

The guy is either sick, clueless, or an ass. I'm not sure which one.

I think you should let it go. Look at it this way. You have a funny story to tell people, so you did get something out of it.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Mark, I sincerely respect your post and suggestions, and will consider them. I don't pray much these days, but that's something to consider. I sure don't think it could hurt.

Lisa, come on now, whole wheat pasta, veggies and fish, where's the beef!! One of the greatest pleasures in life is chowing down on a huge chuck of a dead cow, a big, fat, greasy, juicy steak, baked potatoe with the works, corn on the cob, massive slice of chocolate cake for desert, then a couple hours later a brat for a snack, lol. Come on over, I'll fire up the grill and get the butcher to slice yours extra thick, lol. I am seriously considering replacing the sugar that I put in my tea with a slice of lemon, so that I can save all those calories for chocolate cake, lol.

You guys/gals are great. You took a strange situation and showed me many ways to look at it, and in the end, my conclusion is that my neighbor is weird and best left to his own feet for transpostation. Thanks SR.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Next time you end up with leftovers or maybe... half a pizza be a good ole chap & share with him.

Sorry that happened to you FS... but your description also made me
Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Send him back up here to Alaska, I can find an ice berg to leave him on. HE HE.

I would let it go and decline any other invitations for pizza. I'm sorry he took advantage of you.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ohhh FS... dont forget to save a piece of your leftover pizza from tonight for him.... he will appreciate it ;-)

Please take a quick picture of the look on his face & post it here
Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

and buy a pizza from my choice of restaurant when he returned.
sounds like he did not keep his end of the agreement. A pizza is not half a pizza.
Good grief: he sounds like one of my teenagers. !
I might actually push for the original agreement, but my motive would not be because I want a pizza. It would probably be to get some closure for myself and hopefully show him that he behaved badly.

I would tactfully remind him of the original agreement and see how he responds. If he comes up with some ridiculous arguments, just remind him, in a patient and friendly way, that he didn't follow through on his agreement and now it's made you wary about entering into any kind of arrangement with him again. I might throw in the comment as well that I don't want the pizza anymore. Then smile and say something like "See ya!"