Notices

I Knew this positivity would go!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

From one young lad to another, I'm weak, in that Girls (or whatever your into) are often my downfall. If i'm in a pub and there's a nice lady, I'll talk her to death. Sometimes I'm doing ok, but then predictably I'm too drunk and it will go wrong. ie, one minute I'm doing well with a lovely girl, the next I'm outside fighting or unconcious. What a Romeo!! Alcohol sucks!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Treefrog, The amount of times when I met a really nice girl early on in the evening and hit it off and said we'd meet up at a bar/nightclub in an hour or so and then by then I'd be far too drunk and suddenly she'd be off like a shot.
Used to happen on a weekly basis but I'd always have my backup which I'd say "Oh well F*ck it, Now I'll get even more wasted without the hassle!" Blew a few chances with a couple of really hot girls through Booze- they couldn't understand why I always had to take everything to the max and pills and charlie in the mix was a deffo NoNo!
Makes me wonder how different it would have been if I'd have always been sober when I went out? Oh well I had a lot of real funny times so it weren't always bad, used to have some right laughs but of course that's in the past now and I don't think those laughs will appear again! Time for some Sober Laughs!! bring it on!!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Absolutely, We can still pull! In fact I gaurentee most girls would prefer a nice sober fella to what we were usually like. Watch out girls....
Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'll share a line from a thread by Louis....another
newly sober young man......
I woke this morning and life seems not so bad… all i need to keep reminding myself is to keep looking forward.
Here is the link......

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ut-myself.html

Good to see you are also moving forward
Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

3 Weeks sober today!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well done mate! If you do a month I'll post you a very profound message (i'll think of one) keep it up!...