Notices

put rehab off for a week

Old 05-12-2009, 03:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

put rehab off for a week

Just thought i would let everyone know that i had a panic last Thursday, thinking i would not have everything ready in time which, in hindsight, turned out to be a pretty weak excuse so....am booked to get there for this Sunday, 17th May instead!

Of course the head counsellor at rehab was understanding, i am sure he has seen this and worse before!

To be really honest i even thought about cancelling it for 5 minutes last week, it didn't take much time to dismiss this out of my stupid brain though!

Guess that will be it on Sunday, new life, changes etc.

Been reading the Big Book, i could relate to the real life stories of the people who recovered without hospitalisation, detox etc 7 years ago, now i am somewhere in between them and the ones who lost everything...

It's been a lot easier to write stuff when i haven't been taking things seriously, or do not believe that i will do everything it takes to get sober. Now it's very much in my face and starting a new exercise regime, new job etc just isn't going to cut it! I just left my job and there was another one in Holland, never been there, but seriously what's the point?!

I feel a bit blah blah blah, i guess i know it's coming to an end! Don't know what will come out the other end!

Anyways to those who wish me well thanks for your support, and for those that don't...**** you;-) hehe
Old 05-12-2009, 03:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega

Please stay as safe as possible
and try to relax.
It's a wise move to go.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Yeahgr8 you say:

Been reading the Big Book, i could relate to the real life stories of the people who recovered without hospitalisation, detox etc 7 years ago, now i am somewhere in between them and the ones who lost everything...
Yes there are alcoholics who have recovered without hospitalisation, detox etc 7 years ago, I did not do rehab, I probably should have because the first month after rehab was a real struggle for me, if I had not lived in meetings and work I doubt I would have made it, even then I darn near relapsed at 2 months, but following the suggestions of my sponsor I didn't!

There are also dead alcoholics who kept putting off detox and rehab, always using one excuse or another.

Yeahgr8 please, no more excuses, trust me there will always be some excuse, I used them for years, I used them right up until the point I saw my own slow death from alcoholism. Why take it that far?

Next time some sort of excuse pops into your head before you take any action on that excuse find a quiet spot, sit down and try as honestly as you can to ask yourself this question "Am I just pulling another excuse to not stop drinking out of my butt or is this a legitimate excuse that is actually worth risking my very life for?"

I know it is very difficult to accept the fact that this is a life and death deal, but it is! More alcoholics die from some direct or indirect reason caused by thier alcoholism then find recovery.

I feel a bit blah blah blah, i guess i know it's coming to an end! Don't know what will come out the other end!
I can tell you what I and thousands of others have found at the other end......... LIFE!!

Yes sobriety leads one to LIFE, freedom from the bondage of alcoholism and even self! It is far greater then I ever dreamed possible. It is not easy at first, but it is well worth it.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would imagine that alcoholism is trying very hard to talk you out of it at the moment.....i know mine would.

You know what you need to do...........my thoughts and prayers are with you mate

get it done mate.........dont listen to the head...............shaun.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting out of my own way!

In then end....it will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself...it just does not feel like it right now....
Old 05-12-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope rehab is successful for you...bottom line you must stop drinking. Best of luck!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck for this Sunday, Cliff - and everything after

D
Old 05-12-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Please resist the urge to go on one last big bender/binge.

Try to arrive at rehab with as sound of mind and body as possible.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ditto to Tommy's comment. I had to wait to get a place in rehab so I was 3 weeks sober when I got there and I think It worked well for me.

I don't know if your rehab is the same, but where I went didn't have a detox, it was a 12 step so we had to be at least 72 hours sober or were turned away.