Notices

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...

Old 05-09-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...

Driving home....someone hits me...accident...guy blames me, but it's apparent you can see from the damage he hit me...I was driving straight he pulled right out of a spot into me, sent me to the other side of the street...I was livid, he was straight out LYING...and the same cop pulls up to write the report that pulled me over yesterday...Oh yeah...I left the insurance card home, so I had to call my ROOMMATE, the one who was arguing with me before, to drive down and give it to me....If one more f*cked up thing happens just when I'm trying to get things straight, I don't know how I'm gonna react.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow sweets. I don't know what to tell you. You are being severly tested today no doubt. Take it easy.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rad44 View Post
Wow sweets. I don't know what to tell you. You are being severly tested today no doubt. Take it easy.
Severely? It's almost like someone wants me to go to the liquor store and buy out the whole Vodka section...Maybe the owners know I haven't been in there and plotted the accident...lol...gotta try to laugh about this.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are definitely NOT having a good day. I'm speechless. However, whatever you do, don't pick up a drink. Things would only get worse (and yes, that's possible).
I will pray extra hard for you tonight and ask God to ease up on you a little.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This will be a great anecdote to tell about in group thearapy.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Be grateful that you are sober and be strong. You can do it. Remember, there's nothing so bad that alcohol can't make it worse.

:ghug3
Old 05-09-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joedris View Post
You are definitely NOT having a good day. I'm speechless. However, whatever you do, don't pick up a drink. Things would only get worse (and yes, that's possible).
I will pray extra hard for you tonight and ask God to ease up on you a little.
Thank you so much...I swear to God, I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried...It's one thing after another after another.....and of all things the guy was more provoking because he was being so antagonistic....he's going "Well you tell them your story, I'll tell them mine"...I said I will tell them the truth and you can tell them your bs story, ok? I know that's how some people are...they are gonna lie even when they know they are in the wrong...but I told him to man up and take responsibility for his actions and stop acting like a little girl...This would be stressful at any time, but the timing is oh soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi sweets,

Might be time to buy another teddy bear, put the other drivers name on it, and punch his lights out. You could be starting a collection here, and it'll be funny when others ask you, "Hey, why is this teddy bear all punched in? What happened to the nose?"

Seriously, some days just plain s*ck. Hang in there.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
Hi sweets,

Might be time to buy another teddy bear, put the other drivers name on it, and punch his lights out. You could be starting a collection here, and it'll be funny when others ask you, "Hey, why is this teddy bear all punched in? What happened to the nose?"

Seriously, some days just plain s*ck. Hang in there.
haha

oh yeah I got a list...I will be buying lots of teddy bears.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry it was such a lousy day. I mean no kidding! Well we had them before we were sober and they "were" an excellent excuse to drink. Thank God we don't need that extra weight on our minds. We can at least handle life on life's terms.

You know come to think of it I would drink because I had a bad day, a good day, a day! Sheesh! No wonder I'm an alkie!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The day from hell, Sweets, but it'll be over in about an hour & a half.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Horselover;2223481]Sorry it was such a lousy day. I mean no kidding! Well we had them before we were sober and they "were" an excellent excuse to drink. Thank God we don't need that extra weight on our minds. We can at least handle life on life's terms.

You know come to think of it I would drink because I had a bad day, a good day, a day! Sheesh! No wonder I'm an alkie![/QUOTE]

Haha you got that right...
Old 05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
The day from hell, Sweets, but it'll be over in about an hour & a half.
Good point babe, I like that lol
Old 05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
mle-sober

I think your day sucks. And I wonder how you can find the gift in it? Somewhere in there, in all that crappola, there is a gift for you. Maybe it's the realization that you are strong. Maybe it's the opportunity to rise to the occassion and take the high road. Maybe it's the joy of finding yourself sober in the face of hardship.

And, btw, I agree. You couldn't make that story up!! Wow.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'll tell you what people tell me often and that is to, "BREATHE." And "PRAY." I hope things get better for you.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mle-sober View Post
I think your day sucks. And I wonder how you can find the gift in it? Somewhere in there, in all that crappola, there is a gift for you. Maybe it's the realization that you are strong. Maybe it's the opportunity to rise to the occassion and take the high road. Maybe it's the joy of finding yourself sober in the face of hardship.
And, btw, I agree. You couldn't make that story up!! Wow.

Thank you for what you said...I am believing that too...I like the way you put that..Alot of people tell me I'm stronger than I think...I never really consider myself strong, but I have definitely been tested lately, and haven't picked up a drink...not saying in any way it's smooth sailing from here, I know there will be even tougher days and things I am going through then what's going on now...I'm hoping to grow and learn as a person from my newfound sobriety.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
mle-sober

"I'm hoping to grow and learn as a person from my newfound sobriety."

Well, there's your gift! You are certainly being given the very real life experience to grow and learn from. Good for you!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sweets. I am going to leave you with a little thought expreiment for you to consider. In a Parrallel Universe somewhere your identical self (sweetsII) had the same argument with your roommate and in frustration and anger, went to the Liquor store and got a bottle of Vodka and drank it to relieve the stress. Later when driving to Moms, a guy hits her car (clearly his fault). Cops come, man lies to Cop about whar really happened, Cop smells alcohol on SweetsII, charges her with the accident and sends her to jail for DUI. Now your troubles really begin. Fined, Court Costs, Bail, Trial, Communtiy Service, Criminal Record, Suspended License.
Your Karma worked. It could have been alot worse.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Had it happen a few times, they lie because they are scared it will affect their premium and, at the end of the day, they got their faaaaaaaamily to think of hehe

God forbid they should tell the truth and have to maybe pay an extra $100 a year...pathetic really!
Old 05-10-2009, 01:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JJB

Hi my friend sweets. Really sorry to hear you had such a rotten day. :ghug3
It was an excellent idea to post on here instead of resorting to drink.
I remember once I had an incident a bit like that- a driver ripped off the side of my car and then wanted us to go 50/50 even though my car was stationary at the time. He didn't want the police involved at all.
Please male SR members don't take offence but in this kind of situation I feel that some men become real bullies when they see the other person is a woman driver. At the time of the accident I wasn't drunk but because i had drunk the night before I started shaking all over when he started shouting at me. I found the situation quite difficult to handle. Anyway it all sorted out in the end but like rad said, thank goodness you weren't drunk and also thank goodness you hadn't been drinking the night before as you would have coped with the situation much worse.
Big congrats on not reaching out for a drink-you'd have felt even worse
:ghug3:ghug3