Notices

Sitting at the airport struggling

Old 04-28-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hey M,
Next time you fly bring some tunes with you to help calm you down. Do you have a laptop with you? Watch a DVD on it and just escape for a bit. I too get anxious on planes and having my headphones on really helps keep your mind off it. Great idea reading like you were!! That helps too.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

PR I am willing to admit that my self will alone is not enough, I stayed drunk a lot of years because I had myself convinced that I was the man and I needed no one. Some can do it all by them selfs, but I will be honest and say that it is darn nice to not go it alone, I have the fellowship and SR as an additional support system.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

congrats on making home safe and sober marty. It was nice to chat with you in chat this mornin. well Mornin for me and night for you. You should be proud of yourself marty that had to be very difficult for you to sit in that airport bored and thinking about not drinking. Coming to SR has helped me so much and I am so thankful that there is this wonderful place where we can talk and not feel like we are being judge for how we are feeling and what we do. I will chat with you later.
Stay safe and sober
Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good for you, I am so happy you made it home sober. One day at a time. Great job.