Notices

Just thinking out loud again

Old 04-25-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Just thinking out loud again

I was thinking back on some things the past couple days.
I remember a few people that use to come back around in the streets talking about how they are clean now and they dont do any of that stuff anymore. And on and on with this I'm brand new talk.
So I always wondered.."Why are you down here in the parking lot of a crack motel telling us this?" " Why are you sittin here on the block with the rest of us that you know are doin what you say you stopped doin."

To me that isnt I am jealous of what they are doing. I dont have any insecurity about myself because of them being clean. Nothing like that.
It really makes me wonder..WTF are you doin here then??!!
Its like people I have seen bangin on the door of where we are sellin talkin about the cops are right outside. " SO why are you bangin on the door or even comin here for then?!!"

Doesnt make sense.

Same with drinking. Why go to a bar and drink diet coke talkin about you dont drink anymore?

Its like goin to the Dr's office and ordering a cheeseburger. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

I dont know if these people get some sort of satisfaction in doin these things. Like tempting themselves. Want to go back to that way of life. I just dont get it!
There is nothing on the block in the hood I have any business doin other than gettin high.
So there shouldnt be any reason for me to even be anywhere near there.
If I drank...What am I going to go to a bar for? That is just torture to me.

End thought.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thats pretty damn smart. you always have good insights. keep up the good work chi- you inspire me. best and love-
dub
Old 04-25-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey by the way are you the one who likes sixx am. just checking,,,nikki is sober and well- i kind of know them.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are so right! I just don't go places where alcohol is around unless I have a legit reason for being there. But I also find no need to exclude myself from things I enjoy just because there is alcohol there. I have been invited to places where people were drinking to get drunk and I just leave. It's not fun to be around drunks anymore. And oh yeah, I get in to a heck of a lot less trouble this way!!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

a friend of mine down here (who has 3+ years clean and works a real good program) told me something that relates to this situation.

He was telling me about how he is a free man now and that the obessesion was lifted and all that. He then said something that really struck me, he said I am free to go anywhere in the world, I can go into a bar and not worry about having a drink, I can watch movies about drugs and not get triggered, I can even be in bad areas where I know people are using and not worry about it. I dont live my life in fear today, I can go any place on this planet and be safe now because of the program I work.

He didn't recommend that I go out and do this (obviously) but said that within time I would be able to have every thing he has.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I'm thinking you make sense, Chi!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never had a reason to go to the ghetto so i didnt even though i lived next to it for a while. I dont care what goes on there and I dont want to know.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The only reason I could see myself going out to a bar would be to shoot pool. I used to play in leagues and I love the game. I don't miss going to the bar; but I do miss shooting pool.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you need to be completely away from places that serve alcohol (which I certainly do at this point in time), there are certain things you have to miss out on.

I don't know what it is like in the US but over here in the UK every social event pretty much takes place in a venue that serves alcohol.

I was supposed to go to a childrens dance show that was in a club recently.

All food places serve alcohol, I know thats not the same as going into a bar, but there has been a tendency lately for restraunts and bars to be combined.

Cinemas have bars, bowling alleys everywhere indoors basically.

Like Toomuch I love to play pool (I'm not good but I enjoy it), like I said at the moment if I want to remain sober I have to give up some stuff and that is ok, but I would hate to think that it stays like this forever.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Busa Rider

Good Read and i agree completely!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My husband and I are both in recovery and we will go in a bar on very rare occasions and it is for one purpose only. We both love to sing kareoke! We have also now found some family venues and have branched out to singing with live bands at these family venues so now I think it's been 7 or 8 months since the last time we were in one.

It is true that if the motives are proper and you are spiritually fit, you needn't be afraid to go anywhere. I was taught in early sobriety though that if you hang around a barber shop long enough you will eventually get a haircut. Made sense then and makes sense today.

As far as a dope house I cannot think of one reason in the world I would be compelled to go to one of those unless it was to haul one of kids or someone I love out. I'm with Chiy on that one, if you're clean and sober then WTH are you doing there? Rubbing noses in it or trying to prove something to yourself or what? Dangerous territory IMHO!

Take care,
Kellye
Old 04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i wish i could get to the point where i done miss the pals and the hang of being at the bar. and yes, im a hell of a pool player and do miss that, but i cant trust myselt just yet to not drink. But it breaks my heart that i cant "go out". YOU ARE RIGHT, i cant see any reason to be in a bar or an establishment of ill repute. Why? what do i have to prove? But i cant take that chance. thanks for the thought.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I never liked going to bars and hanging out with people there pissed, so i seriously doubt whether i would do it sober lol Good post!