Notices

Made it thru the weekend!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it thru the weekend!

I still feel yucky sometimes, but am better. Melatonin is a wonder pill for sleep! I hope all of you are well.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im glad that you made it through the weekend. There are so many temptations for me during easter weekend, but I kept focused on my goal for the day and made it aswell.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job, if you can make it through one weekend, you can make it through the next one. Although all we have is today, so why dont we focus on that eh?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YAYY!!! My son told me he is very proud of me. My daughter still sniffs my breath, but she's becoming more trusting. Thank you alll!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats! That is truly something to celebrate! Each minute, hour, day we make it without doing our drug of choice is truly a miracle. So many don't get a chance to try to change and so many don't want to or don't realize their problem. I am so glad to be surrounded (physically and virtually) by people who are on similar pages as myself.
I hope you feel something similar. We've got a great network here. Last night, being on here possibly saved my life, I was craving my DOC so badly....
But anyway, I am really SO HAPPY you made it through the weekend. Keep coming back and letting us know how you are doing and I will be sure to do the same!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

crackquack~~thanks! I do feel the same. I wanted to drink badly Saturday, but resisted. Habit was that I drank all day on Saturdays. Know what I did instead? TOOK A NAP!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hear that! I tend to take a lot of naps when I'd rather go get loaded. People can call me lazy or whatever, but most of the time I find peace and serenity when I sleep versus being awake and having the desire to use! Sometimes not, as I'll dream about doing it, but most of the time I am much better off.
I hear, in early recovery, we do sleep a lot. Whether it's true or not, I don't really care. I just know it's good for me. I am not getting loaded AND I am getting some much needed rest. hahahaha...
Old 04-13-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I napped quit a bit early on, it does get better, I found that the more I worked on changing me the less I needed to nap to escape, meetings, talking to folks, taking the steps, and just becoming a part of the world again, made it to where napping was only needed when I was tired.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My dad told me to buy Melatonin as that is what was given to him when he was in rehab. It really help and I sleep like a baby. I am still waking up around 5 am a bit nervous/shaky, but managed to go back to sleep each day. Chris has been wonderful for me, too. He knows he kind of influenced me a lot into the drinking and always made it easy for me to do, but now that I've quit, he sees the importance of no alcohol being around me and the importance of LISTENING when I need to talk. My kids are so much happier, too.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Take it easy, take it slow. You can do this.

Welcome to SR.