Notices

Trying to come off a Binge..Help!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hey all,
Well, this morning I woke up feeling like crap. I drank what little left I had to calm down. Then I threw it all up. I look aweful and it looks like I am bleeding out of my eyeballs they are so bloodshot. I feel restless and a little shakey. Gotta take a 2 hour car ride today and this is gonna suck. Hungover in a car? yuk. I think I am going to go for a long fast walk and work some of this stuff out of my system. Lots of hydration.

I did see my doc last year about my problem and she prescribed Naltrexone. A drug that cuts cravings. It worked for a long time and now I think I am just used to it. I am also on blood pressure meds and just got a prescription for Lexipro for depression. I think once all the booze wears off I am hoping the Lexipro kicks in. I have been on it for three weeks. I just need to stay strong. Thank you for all of your posts. I really feel like you guys are there and you are such a support system.

As for my husband? He has been through enough with this and I will not burden him anymore. Trust me, he has enough on his plate right now that he doesnt need to know. Not right now. I think I can do this myself and with the help of this board. I did it before and I can do it again.