Notices

Some days are better than others, oh well.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some days are better than others, oh well.

Ever have one of those days when people just seem to bug you? When people tell you they will do something, then when you call, they're all full of excuses about why they can't do what they said they would do today, yet you were counting on them? I guess it hurts to look in the mirror, cause I'm sure we've all done it, but why do we do that? Why do we make promises we know we're not going to keep when we make them? Why do others do that? Are we all just trying to please someone,then let them down easy? Man, it ticks me off, yet I've done it many times myself.

Mirrors suck.

Okay, thanks for letting me share all that crap, at least I feel a bit better.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah I used to dislike "flakes" who let me down, then I became one. It is a hard process trying to become dependable again. I've got a therapist, pdoc and GP telling me its my illness, parents telling me its my situation, but in the end only I know what I am capable of or not capable of. Good rant firestorm!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Phal,

Sometimes I think the whole world needs some form of recovery. Even people who don't drink engage in activities that bug me, and then there are those who are too lazy to do something, that really bugs me. Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but it's frustrating when you want to accomplish something that involves others, and they don't show.

OK, enough of this whining already, gosh what's up with that?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"Makes me want to spit nails", huh, I always liked that expression, lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Gawd. I just told a friend, via facebook, I would love to have lunch with him, we should totally hang out sometime! And when he asked what I'm doing tomorrow... "Working, sorry."

Guilty as charged.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

gnesis, you crack me up, lol.

Phal and adore, thanks for the confirmation that I'm not totally nuts. I took a hot shower, and am now too relaxed to bitch, think it's time for bed.

see ya.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again,
it was probably worth it.":wtf2
Old 04-09-2009, 02:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hey FS

"intentions"

had, and still have them on my 4th step list

for me, and others...

Dont They Know Who i am!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

firestorm thanks for posting this...I have to really stay in tune with myself so that I dont make promises that Im not going to keep. Now people I think get frustrated with me because I rarely commit because I would rather maybe them than have to call and cancel. For me its all about being comfortable enough with myself to be honest with other people about my intentions. Im working on it...being honest can be really hard especially if your a people pleaser.....

:ghug3
Old 04-09-2009, 03:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

yes, I have these days and it bugs me too when people make promises they probably already know at the time they cant keep.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

When I was drinking FS things like that BURNT me up!!! As Rusty said "Don't they know who I am!!!!!....... After all when I was drinking the whole world revolved around me, while I revolved around my drinking!

The longer I have been sober and working my program, the less I put into resentments over broken promises, that is not to say that I do not feel a bit upset when first let down, but I just accept that it happened and move on.

Like vivid unless I am posotive I can live up to a commitment, I will give a maybe, but if I say I will do something, I do it now, when I was drinking I would say what ever it took to either make the other person happy, off my back, or to get what I wanted at that instant.

Working a good program has made my life so much more peaceful.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I m feeling the exact same way today! Someone did something they thought would help me but in actual fact hindered everything and I am so mad I could spit....what I am going to do instead is try to understand they meant well, grind my teeth a bit and focus on my sobriety. I am still jolly annoyed though....
Old 04-09-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My "Thanks" Button keeps crapping out, so since I haven't had my coffee yet, (still waiting for it to cook), I'll just sya thanks to all of you. I've let it go, today's a new day, and onward we go.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Firestorm - I'm late to the party as usual, but wanted to reassure you I've had those same feelings many times. Yet I've been on both ends of it, and I myself was the worst when it came to bailing out of things I promised to do - usually because I was drinking and couldn't get up the energy or interest to fulfill what I promised. It wasn't anything personal, because I did it to the people closest to me. Don't forget, our nerves are raw when we first get sober - everything that annoys us is magnified for awhile until we can put things in perspective. Glad you feel better today, and glad you ranted.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Smile

welcome to recovery.. it is what it is.. learning one day at a time!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hye, my "Thanks" button is working, thanks for fixing that!!!!

Now, does it mean I have a huge ego if I want to Thank myself? Some are sicker than others, lol.

Sorry about my scerwed up tyingp, my arm is getting tired from patting myself on the back, lol. I know, I know, someone call a doctor, quick, lol.