Notices

I don't know if I am an addict?

Old 03-30-2009, 12:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't know if I am an addict?

Hi,
I'm a 32 yr old male.

When I was about 22 I had my wisdom teeth removed and was givin pain meds (Percs). I always loved that feeling that they gave me whenever I took them.

Sometimes, I'd go into ER rooms to get them.

I was in a car accident a year and a half ago. I was in ALOT of pain because of the crash. I have a painful condition.

I'm now prescribed Vicodin, Percocet (Oxycodone 5mg - It's not PERCOCET, it is just OXYCODONE with NO Tylenol) 5 mgs Imm Rel

I get 120 Oxycodones 120 Vikes, 120 Klonipins and then some more stuff a month.

I smoke weed and can't stop. I feel pain but take the pills even when I don't have pain.

I hate to say it but I am so glad I get those meds. It takes about 4 or 5 to feel a high.

It also stops the pain but I don't want to be an addict.

I am sick of being called a pill popper but I need them.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 02:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

When you are taking anything to alter your mind and feel you cant stop. Then your probably an addict.
Try taking just your prescribed doses and thats it for awhile and see how you feel. Then you will know for sure.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, I have totally went beyond my doses. A friend gave me 8 Xanax (2 bars), and 2 (30 mg oxycodone pills).

I am prescribed the 5's, along with Lortab.
I felt so great when I took the two 30mgs. I always want to feel the way I feel now but I hate the part when you get sad. For some reason, even after I smoke weed, I get happy at first then depressed.

I have such an urge to take 5 or 6 Percocets. The other day I took 8 Vicodins but I konw not to take too many of those because of the tylenol but wow did i feel good.

I just wish there was a way to get rid of the depressed feelings. I hate them.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you seen a counselor? You may also have depression, but I know that I felt depressed for a year after I got clean. I had been abusing some sort of pain med for about four years by that time.

Only you can decide if you are an addict but as an addict I displayed the behaviors you are talking about.

I would talk to your doctor about your medications. There are some people who have chronic pain problems who have found better pain management and eliminiated the need for most narcotics.

There is a chronic conditions/pain forum here at SR. Feel free to pop on over and check it out.

Welcome to SR.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome to SR AmI.
I think what Chiy said holds true.
All the drugs I used were never prescribed so I knew they weren't good for me. I gave them all up at various times during my career with booze being the last.
Maybe you should see your doctor and be totally honest about your consumption and the fact you are smoking weed along with the pills. i am assuming that the weed is not prescribed.Perhaps you are suffering from actual depression.
If you decide that you want to quit it all there is plenty of support here.
Good luck.