Notices

My mom.....

Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

It sucks feeling like that. But you gotta make yourself motivated.
Not a good idea to wallow in it.
Geez..Those 3 weeks for me. I know how you feel. And it isnt easy.
I had to make myself do things. And itr was so uncomfortable. And with all the support I got here. I snapped out of it.
You will feel better. Just be easy on yourself.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

It was very hard to read through your post...only because I have similar feelings that arise from working trough my PTSD. Do you feel like your living the past all over when doing your trauma work? I've been told by my therapist that's the point of trauma treatment...well to feel the hurt without numbing it with drugs that is. What I get is hurt, depression and anger. Then I feel like its too much to overcome. It feels that way sometimes. Then I'm reminded of that old saying: got to feel it to heal it...still its tiring.

I was told that other feelings will come in place of the feelings that I experienced when the trauma was going on in my childhood. Like anxiety in place of the confusion I was feeling as a kid. Come to think of it anxiety is confusing don't you think?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Im so sorry for your loss.

I do have to say I know what your talking about with that "look".
My brother was hooked on Meth & other drugs for over 10 yrs. He was so angry most the time. I saw him do & say things to my parents that were mind blowing.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Hmmm the thing about it is that the pain isnt on the surface soooo technically I am not wallowing.....er..or am I kidding myself....All I know is that being home with my huzzy and not having to deal with any outside "stressors" makes me feel more safe. I know my anxiety is wrapped in fear of something....although I cant put my finger on what exactly. This is the part that makes me feel CRAZY is trying to figure out why I am feeling this way and trying to fix it. I can do that or I can simply sit and try to let it pass....but that pisses me off because I would really like to be living my life. AGHHHHHH! Later I will do as the counselor has prescribed and have some sad time today. Although at this point it feels pointless. SO how is this gonna make me feel better again?...I am a mess.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vividserenity View Post
The more we talked about it the harder it was to fight it off and the more I cried.

I logically KNOW all of that...however ....apparently I am not OVER it. I left the office and on the way home found myself screaming for my mommy ...I felt like I was 5.

...plus she is no longer with us...so the tiny hope I had, even as I got older, that we would someday have a normal mother/daughter relationship, is gone. I cant tell you how heavy my chest heaves when I am in the thick of it and the hoarse cries that escape my throat.

.... My mom was there...she looked so healthy and happy...I dont know that I had actually EVER seen her that way in real life....

...she looked so pretty...and we were bundled up...we were talking and laughing while planning to go Christmas shopping together.

..I was so incredibly happy in the dream....and even after I woke up and realized that though this never technically happened the AMAZING thing is that I get to keep this memory (real or not) of me and my mom sharing a moment. I hold this dream close to my heart.

My job now is....to let go...to let down the walls that I have built up around this pain...and let myself really feel it.
I highlighted these statements because they seem to point to grieving which I'll get to in a second. The dream probably represents how you would have liked things to be with your mom. Anger could arise from what could have been, but wasn't, because of your mom's addiction. Perhaps you don't have anger. I asked because sometimes we repress the negative emotions we have because they're just too hard to deal with. You said you're not sure if you have anger in your heart. You might find some as you heal. If you do, let it out because it will help you to heal, remember to forgive your mother for anything that hurt(s) you. Also, it seems that, and this may be fairly obvious by now, that you have not fully grieved the death of your mom. I think that may be why the therapist is prescribing "sad time". The sad time will allow you to let those feelings flow. Don't hold them in anymore hun. Let it out.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

VS,
You have to let it out for your sake. When my dad died I internalized for a long time but it came out in many bad ways later. You are in my thoughts....
Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi VS,

I have really felt your pain in your posts. You dream sounds a bit freaky, but I am glad that you have something to give you some peace. Just remember thought that you are not alone now. There are so many people out there who are feeling for you and feeling with you. Strength.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

So...I did my homework today...feeling a little better......cried....showered...napped....
Thanks again for all the support :ghug3
Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

To even things up and make it honest....
When my mom wasn't active in her addictions...

My mom was a lovely person. She cared for others without any reservations.
She had a genuine heart and a loving spirit.
She was a great mom. She would play with us and make us laugh...my mom definitely had a sense of humor.
She always cared for us...we never went without.
She could make you feel special, just by being around her.
My mom was spiritual, she pulled beliefs from our native american ancestry to guide her.
My mom wasn't a quitter, she was stubborn as they come...even though this hindered her in ways, it also helped her survive a rough childhood.
I have never seen a more beautiful woman....dark brown hair deep brown eyes and the warmest prettiest smile.
....and she had the most engulfing....meaningful....loving hugs.

I miss her, especially her hugs.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Well today is my moms birthday. Im going to plant a flower in memory of her. I just got up but so far it hasnt hit me really hard. I miss her....I cant even describe how much. Where ever she is I hope she is at peace now. I cant believe that i almost followed in her footsteps. So scary. I miss her.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I think this is the most powerful thread I have ever read. What better reason to stay sober....than to keep 'that look' out of your eyes. My kids saw it enough, I'm sure. They will never see it from me, again.

Thank you for this thread.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

:praying for you VS. Glad you are here with us. Sorry your Mom isn't. Extra prayers for you today and hugs - Sarah
Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

She would be so proud of you for being the person you've become, and wouldn't want you to be in pain over what happened due to her addiction. I feel sure you'll see her again, and everything will be made right. Someday we'll understand why we had to endure all the pain and suffering our addictions bring us.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((vs)))

d