Notices

Made it through the temptation

Old 03-21-2009, 01:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through the temptation

Hi Everyone

Im feeling great today because it is my first weekend sober in a long long long time lol but it did not come easy. Last night we celebrated my sisters bday and we normally get pretty tanked when we celebrate bdays. The temptation was so high as I watched my family and friends drinking and drinking

I just kept my mind clear by having good conversation and sipping my coke light, I now know why they say one day at a time. The best feeling came when i was up at 7am to hit the gym while all my mates where hungover

6 Days Sober and going strong!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: Overseas... on the shore of an uncharted desert isle.
Originally Posted by Maggot4Life View Post
Hi Everyone

Im feeling great today because it is my first weekend sober in a long long long time lol but it did not come easy. Last night we celebrated my sisters bday and we normally get pretty tanked when we celebrate bdays. The temptation was so high as I watched my family and friends drinking and drinking

I just kept my mind clear by having good conversation and sipping my coke light, I now know why they say one day at a time. The best feeling came when i was up at 7am to hit the gym while all my mates where hungover

6 Days Sober and going strong!

I was afraid that that good feeling would eventually fade but so far (46 days sober), I find that every morning makes me feel good. Even if I start out feeling like crap (due to illness or stress), I just have to remind myself how much more worse it was when I was stressed out or ill and hungover!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done indeed!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes that feeling in the morning when you're not hungover is the best. Walking outside and feeling that nice cool breeze, just makes me ready to hit the day. The cravings are quite strong still but heck, it's only been 6 days. You guys on this forum are amazing support
Old 03-21-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

That's awesome! I didn't realize I'm a morning person until I got sober.. who knew!?

Feels great huh? I'm so happy for you.. it's something you can feel EVERY morning if you want to! Good job getting thru the bday too, I haven't been around people drinking since I quit..
Old 03-21-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go...wonderful feeling isn't it to have a clear head the next day.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Resident

Congratulations.
That first social occasion is one of the biggest challenges and you passed it with flying colors.
It is definitely a great feeling to wake up without a hangover. In the past I woke up that way at least 2 or 3 days a week. I can't think as to why I found the night before worth the day after. I never want to feel that bad again.
Keep at it.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go....6 days, that is awesome! :ghug3
I too love the feeling of waking up with a clear head.
I'm so proud that you withstood the temptations at the B-day party.
Keep it up.
XOXO
Old 03-21-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

man I Love this forum, everyone on here is so supportive and eager to help out one another. Before i joined SR i couldnt go 3 days without a drink now I'm 6 days and going strong.

I know that only good things are on the way
Old 03-21-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats to you....today is Day 11 for me...yes, still cravings but I think it just got so routine...my disease progressed to me drinking in the morning so I have found it good to keep busy which is somewhat difficult as I am not currently employed. Celebration was one of my "favorite" drinking excuses but then so was depression ...go figure...lol!
Today, just for today I am not going to pick up a drink! Yes, it is wonderful to have one's eyes opened again to all that I know that I took for granted! Again, well done and hang in there...it does get better and better and better!