Notices

Newbie & Clean!

Old 03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie & Clean!

Hey everyone, i'm new to the recovery threads, i enjoy reading them so i thought why not join!? I am a 4 year recovering addict. It went from the vics to shooting heroin, you no that good ol routine! When 2009 hit, i decided to do something, GET HELP! which was so easy, i wish i woulda thought of it sooner!lol but at the point who needs help??maybe help finding something! Anyway, i first chose to go to the methadone clinic and my mom got more up to date and thought suboxone would be better for me. But i loved the methadone(i was high/i think?) And when i got put on suboxone, i was pissed because it didnt do anything cause my tolerance was so high. But i decided to give it a chance, and i really enjoy and love life being on it! But the taste sucks, yes EWWY! My doctor told me to get a job because all the jobs i had i got fired or quit. because my drug addiction was a full time job it seemed! So today i got a call for an office job at a factory. so that worked out good. TOmmorw I'll be going back to the suboxone doctor to get my second full month script. I was up to three a day, now i'm on two a day. Sometimes if i have extra's ill take a extra half in the evenings depending on how the day went. But enough about me, i'd love to talk and hear about others that share the same or similar experiances!! i am just now starting to fully get my personalty back to normal. It was to the point, if i wasn't high or not sick , i didn't want bothered! But since the suboxone does it's magic, i'm back to bein my old old self again! thanks for listening guys!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Emily,

Welcome!

I'm glad you decided to lead a sober life and congratulations on the new job.

I hope you keep posting.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clyde's Bonnie

hi emily. i dont have any personal exp with methadone or sub, but i have read that sub is easier to get off of when youre reasy and well, ABF still on methadone after 5 yrs, down to 18 mg, but the lower you go the harder to quit i hear. sub can also be used to come off of methadone too. IMHO if it were me i think i'd go the sub route. wish you well keep posting!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hi EJ, welcome to SR! Thanks for sharing your experience, I look forward to hearing more from you.