Notices

I need help...

Old 03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No coward I know would come to a public forum and declare what you have. It takes courage to want to fight back against a disease many do not have the courage to even recognize.
My best to you and your recovery.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for taking time out of your life and to reply to me. I need people like you in my life. I am so destroyed today and every which way. I have not picked up a drink today and will not. I am scared. I want what you sober people have and have reached the point of I'll do whatever I need to do. Again, I am not feeling well today, but tomorrow I will go into an AA meeting and ask for help and get a sponsor and do what they tell me to do to beat this.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Its been my experience that if you go to a meeting and ask for help that you will be blown over with the help you get. People are there to help you. Just try it. F2F meetings (of any sort, not just AA) can be key to getting you through this bad time.

Wishing you luck...Amy
Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

want2stopnow
I am going to PM you and send you a email address I have for a really good AA man in Orlando who is a friend of mine.He has been sober around 25 years.
He may be able to help.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

You're doing great want2stop. Be proud of yourself for not drinking and having the courage to change the things you can. Just keep posting and don't drink an hour at a time. Good you are going to try to make a meeting tomorrow, you will be welcomed with open arms. My prayers are with you. I'm here for you. You are a miracle.
Love, Donna
Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I will be here for you when ever I can to, just hang in, get to a meeting and you can ask all the questions you like there from people ....just like you and I. You are NOT alone
Old 03-16-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I just started today also. Let's keep in touch through our sober experiences!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Reach out to all and every possible means of help like you are doing here. You'll be surprised how much help comes your way if only you can let others know - you must let others know, your Dr, AA, family? friends,. No one will turn their back on you.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
I just started today also. Let's keep in touch through our sober experiences!
When I started back in July there was a thread started where a bunch us hung out for support called the Class of July 2008. It worked well, it's still going, and since then there's been a new thread started for every new month. It's good to have people at the same stage talking as long as you reach out to others too.

If there's not already a Class of March 2009 you guys could start one. It's as simple as starting a thread.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Your support means alot to me. Debbie let keep in touch and hold each others hand while we get and stay sober. I am still feeling horrible. I have been beating myself all day because I can't believe I did this to myself again. I am going to a meeting tonight because I am afraid to drink. It's going to kill me.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi want2stop, Glad to see you are still posting and have not picked up. Great that you are going to a meeting tonight, keep up the good work. It does get easier as long as we don't pick up ONE DAY AT A TIME. Donna
Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

No I have not picked up a drink. I am hurting emotionally and physically. I am at my daughter's home with her 11 week old baby. I have talked to her and am being honest that I have a problem and I need help. I am scared that I am going to lose my job but I just can not function today. I am beating myself up and have cried all day. I log in here because I know that I will read something that will give me hope.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by want2stopnow View Post
No, I didn't. I sat there and listened. I feel like crap today, I just want to die. I won't kill myself, I don't have the courage but I feel like I want to. If I feel better tomorrow, I'll go. Hell, if I feel better this afternoon, I'll jump in the shower and I'll go. I'll do anything right now not to drink. I don't want to end up like my father. He died of alcoholism. I have a beautiful grandson just 10 weeks old. I want to be there for his graduation and his life. Why do I pick up that first drink. Why is this so difficult. I don't want to live this way. I am at my lowest.
My heart breaks when I read your post! I know how you are feeling. The only reason I never took my life was because I knew deep down how unfair it was to my kids!
Old 03-16-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

want2stopnow, you are at a similar place I was. My 1st grandchild was born 5/1/08 and I got sober 2wks later. Yes, my daughter offered me alot of support (she's also an RN) his birth had alot to do with my decision. Didn't want to be the 'drunk grandma'

PM me if you wish, I'll help you anyway I can...... (that meeting will help you emotionally 100%!!)

Take care, Amy
Old 03-16-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

WantToStopNow,

I am glad you're still posting.

I'm going to be a Grandma soon and I am SO unbelievably grateful to be sober and to be present for this amazing event. This is a true gift of recovery for me.

You can do this!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

HI Want 2 Stop
It's later in the day, how are you doing? I have just gotten to read your thread. I could not do the detox myself so my hat is off to you for trying. Go to AA. I also have pretty bad social anxiety, but I made myself go. It was hard and I didn't like it very much. Speak up too, let people know how you are feeling, they have been there and truly want to help you through this time.
You keep beating yourself up. Stop. Don't let the past hold you back from a great future. The past is the past even if it's only one day "past". A new grandchild is one of the best reasons to get and stay sober, but you yourself is the Best reason to get sober.
Please keep posting so we know how you are doing.
Sara