Notices

normal??

Old 03-13-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am leaning towards trying to just stay off pain pills and see what happens. I am more than sick of all their presense has enticed in my life. Pain mgmt said no injections would help.

Many, many thanks for the kind wishes and heart felt advice!!! To all of you... :ghug:
Old 03-13-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Will you plan to go to any meetings or some type of program? There is so much to learn about yourself, if you are addicted to the pills, if you are an addict...it is body, mind, and spirit. Getting drugs out of my body still leaves me sick and I always end up going back to them if I'm not active in recovery.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Klopper
Hi, I'm a recovering opiate/cocaine addict, 168 days clean. I had never taken a pain pill until I was in an accident over 10 years ago. I've got chronic pain issues also; rumatoid arthritis. Before entering rehab last September, I was taking 30, 10mg hydrocodone or oxycodones per day. If I couldn't get the pills, I'd use cocaine to help with the withdrawls...before getting help, I was doing the pills AND an 8ball of coke per day...Yeah, I'm lucky to be alive!
Your doctor is calling you in his office because he suspects that you're abusing your pain meds. Trust me, I've gone to pain management docs, they know.
Yes, I'm in pain every day of my life...my addiction had me convinced that the pills were necessary for that reason! Guess what....I'm getting by without them!!! I take Tylonel/arthitis and it helps, plus motrin. I figure, if I can get off the opiates after being on them for soo long and I went through hell withdrawing in detox...then I can make through some pain. Excercise helps also. Thinking positive also helps. The way I see it, I could be worse off. And I could also be abusing drugs, but thank God I'm not....Now I'm Free!!!
Good luck to you!:praying
Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amirose View Post
Will you plan to go to any meetings or some type of program? There is so much to learn about yourself, if you are addicted to the pills, if you are an addict...it is body, mind, and spirit. Getting drugs out of my body still leaves me sick and I always end up going back to them if I'm not active in recovery.
I have nothing against recovery groups at all, but a lot of people in my small town are biases and judgemental. I live within the "bible belt".

I was an extremely distructive drunk and I quit that with God's help. I know i can beat this too. You guys/girls are my group and myself and family are my motivation.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by change4penny View Post
Klopper
Hi, I'm a recovering opiate/cocaine addict, 168 days clean. I had never taken a pain pill until I was in an accident over 10 years ago. I've got chronic pain issues also; rumatoid arthritis. Before entering rehab last September, I was taking 30, 10mg hydrocodone or oxycodones per day. If I couldn't get the pills, I'd use cocaine to help with the withdrawls...before getting help, I was doing the pills AND an 8ball of coke per day...Yeah, I'm lucky to be alive!
Your doctor is calling you in his office because he suspects that you're abusing your pain meds. Trust me, I've gone to pain management docs, they know.
Yes, I'm in pain every day of my life...my addiction had me convinced that the pills were necessary for that reason! Guess what....I'm getting by without them!!! I take Tylonel/arthitis and it helps, plus motrin. I figure, if I can get off the opiates after being on them for soo long and I went through hell withdrawing in detox...then I can make through some pain. Excercise helps also. Thinking positive also helps. The way I see it, I could be worse off. And I could also be abusing drugs, but thank God I'm not....Now I'm Free!!!
Good luck to you!:praying
Change,
Great job on your progress! Keep it going! I am not quite so convinced anymore that I need the pain meds and it feels really good...like the wool has been lifted from my eyes as the old cliche goes.

My doc is a general practitioner. If he suspects it, I wouldn't be surprised. I hope he does because if he doesn't, I sure don't want a person that dumb being my doctor!!! LOL

I am feeling optimistic about this more and more. Your replies are helping me more than I can say.

Again... :ghug
Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Klopper
If someone would have told me last year at this time that I'd be clean this year, (168 days to be exact), I would have laughed in their face. I thought that it was forever my destiny to be a drug addict...and I would die a drug addict...By the grace of God, I'm not that person anymore. It's hard to explain how I feel now...It kinda feels like I've been reborn. No, everything is not lollipops and rainbows, I still have bad days...but I'm learning to deal with them without the use of drugs, something I never did before, (hell, if I stumped my toe, that was my excuse to use!!!), lol
Let me tell you klopper, if I can do it...you can do it! Just stay focused on the prize.......
and the prize is your life and your freedom from this hell thats called addiction!
You can do this!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks. I SOOO appreciate the encouragement and hope u continue to enjoy your new life. I'll say a prayer for you.