Notices

New

Old 02-28-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by idontknow1 View Post
Hi. I have finally decided that I can't keep doing the things I've been doing, and I didn't know where to turn, but thankfully I found these forums. I feel like I've been living a double life, presenting myself one way but then doing things secretly that I am ashamed of, like drinking. I can't do it any more, but I know I need support.
welcome!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

WELCOME IDONTKNOW1

Glad you're here too and found people who are exactly like you!!! You've got a ton of support here and there are other forums on this site that can offer additional avenues of support for ya!

Let us get to know you.... just join on in with all the rest of us!!! It's a WE thing! Not a ME thing! Hugs

:ghug
Old 02-28-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Hey there! Welcome! SR is awesome!

Relationships are a bitch and i have done my share of drinking in and out of them.

Best of success with the new sober you!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

When i drank and experienced the effects of the alcohol, i "felt" as if i was in control. The more i tried to live in this temporary illusion, the more unmanageable my life became. After coming to the fellowship, i discovered that alcohol had really been the one in control of my life and that i had lost the power to do anything about it. i found out the 'logical thinking' that i had used to survive was insanity. i turned from alcohol to something else and when that didn't work out the way i thought it should, i turned to something else. And so on, and so on, and so on. Eventually, i always returned to the alcohol because even though it caused me pain, it also numbed me to it for awhile. i kept trying to fix what i thought was wrong with me because i believed i was a 'defective' person. Now that i've accepted that i'm a basicly decent person with an incurable disease, i am free to relearn how to live. This is something that i had forgotten how to do for myself because i was too busy expecting something or someone else to do that for me. The pain of shame and guilt has faded to a minor regret which i find helps me to stay on course each day. i look for the positives and keep on making progress (rather than perfection!).

i truly appreciate your honesty, it's very refreshing. Thank you.
Please keep coming back, i need your help to stay clean and sober.