Notices

oxycodone, withdrawl new user

Old 02-18-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oxycodone, withdrawl new user

So this is my first post.

I know and can see myself having aproblem here..

I need some advice, and need to know if this is normal and why I feel this way.

basically I have IBD, I had a week long stay in the hospital where they gave me lots of dilauded for a week. I admit I loved the feeling everytime it went into my veins, but the tolernece built up very fast.
Discharging from the hospital I told them my concerns about pain management. They presribed me 5/500 vicodin.

I started taking those and ended up mixing it with 50 - 100 mg of tramadol. then eventually the vicodin did nothing for me, I called my doctor and ended up in the ER becuase the pain got really bad.

So on saturday the 14th of febuary the ER prescribed me 30 5mg of Oxycodone, told to take 1 or 2 every 4 - 6 hours AS needed for pain.

So I did.

Now this is the problem. I started taking the 5mg. just got a headache, felt tired went to sleep.

The next day I took 5mg at night, nothing happen, I felt normal, I probably took a few vicodin as well that day.

The next morning my heart beat felt wierd so I ended up taking 5mg, everything went back to normal. That nigt I took 17.5mg, felt fine, the effects didnt last very long tho, maybe 2 hours, then felt shity, sleepy ate some food and took 2 vicodins wich had me feeling back to normal and wen tto sleep.

I didnt take anymore untill Last night when I took 20mg, only felt a little euphoria for maybe 2 hours, and then felt pretty crappy. ate dinner and went to sleep.

This morning I took 10mg, felt great for an hour or so, and its only 1pm and I feel crappy. I dont feel to great.

Im confused to why this is, I have a doctors appointment today. Im going to talk about it with my doc and figure out whats going on.

In the mean time, if anyone could give me advice or what may be going on? Im thinking about takin another 10mg around 3 or 4 but, Im very concerned about Overdose.

Im also concerned that maybe Im just going thru withdrawl becuase I only took 10mg this morning and my body is use to the 20mg I took last night?

Can anyone give me there perspective on whats happening...

Im scared to becomming addicted, but mostly overdosing. :[

Last nigt I took 20mg, bu
Old 02-18-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I am a recovering alcoholic so don't have personal experience, but from what I understand and have learned here, the effects of the drug wear off and then you need to keep taking more to feel the high, and eventually you need to take the drug just to feel normal. It looks like that is what has happened in your case.

Talking to your dr and getting off the medication is a really good idea.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On The Road to Recovery!

How long have you been taking this?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive been taking it since saturday this past weekend.

I took 10mg this morning at 10 - 10:30am and now Im feeling lousy and I feel like I need to take another 10mg, but Im trying to hold off as long as I can, but I think Im craving it. Im not sure what to do. are there any risks of overdose at this small of a dose? Ive only taken 20mg One time and that last night.. I think its jsut withdrawl?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

We cannot give medical advice.

If you are concerned, please call your dr and get his advice.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by herbalgerbals View Post
Can anyone give me there perspective on whats happening...

Im scared to becomming addicted, but mostly overdosing.
If you are really scared about becoming addicted and overdosing...
you need to call your doctor and tell him the symptoms that you have described here.

Whether or not you are in immediate risk of overdosing, your doctor can tell you.
Whether or not you are in immediate risk of becoming addicted, I can tell you and ...
the answer is YES.