Notices

new news!!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new news!!!!

Hey all....it's me again....am doing better....I just finished my diversion classes, had my exit interview and last u.a yesterday....kind of sad, going to miss my counselor....I even got teary eyed.... unfortunately with the economy here the hospital that owns the treatment center decided to close it down in a month....the only center in all of southern oregon...very sad.... it was my first safe place in my darkest time.... and I am praying for everyone who is still there, and for the wonderful staff that have lost their jobs....

More news....my oldest daughter, who many of you have followed the saga with her.... Well, she's making me a Grandma!!!!! not the best of situations...but we are embracing her and the situation, and my new grandbaby...once the shock cleared.... it is a good thing, it is giving her focus, she's going to receive AMAZING financial aid to attend college here locally and she is going to major in spanish..... and now I have some focus for my sobriety.... Im not going to be like my parents and chose not to be a part of this sweet baby's life.....Im going to be an amazing...responsible grandma...... however too young to be a granny.....LOL.... Im going to be "RAE-RAE"....a name some dear friends have given me....

So I have been thinking of you my friends here.....you know who you are and I love and miss you all....and I will keep you all posted.....

Hugs and Kisses....always....Rach
Old 02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rach. It's so good to hear from you! Congratulations on your good news, it's so good to hear you're determined to become a "responsible" grandmother. I sure know how such events can give even more meaning to one's health, values and sobriety
Missed you! Please keep us posted.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're doing well, and congrats on impending grandma-hood! I'm about to do it for the third and fourth times... and I love it!

:ghug3
Old 02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

How exciteing for you....
Welcome back
Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad to see you LG. And what great news!!
Congrats!!

You sound so much better. I am so happy for you.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rach,

Wonderful news!

I know you will be a wonderful Grandma and how great it is for you to break the cycle.

Good to hear from you!