Notices

I miss my dad

Old 02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Toomutch, your Dad would be so proud of you!

I lost my Dad, 5 years ago, and still talk to him all the time.
I'm sure he is listening.

I'd give my right arm just to spend an afternoon with him.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

toomutch....i guarantee your dad would be very proud of the wonderful person you've turned into. i still have both of my parents as they were very young when they had me.

but i did lose a brother to cancer and there's not a day that goes by that i don't remember him. here's hugs to you. i hope the support you find here lessens your pain as the day goes on.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Awh Suzette, I just hate it when you're sad. I just love you so much. :ghug3

I don't see how you could say you let your Dad down, you did give him his wish after all, didn't you?

I graduated from the Intensive Outpatient Program I put myself in two months before my Dad found out that his body was full of Cancer. I was asked to give my lead at this ceremony. I invited both of my Parents even though they have been divorced for many, many years. They got along and we actually would all have Holiday get togethers with Mom, Dad and Dad's wife. I remember looking at Daddy when I was speaking and the image of the pride on my Dad's face that evening is something I hope never leaves my memory. Many of the Counselors told me over the next several days and weeks that he couldn't have been prouder of me if I was graduating from Harvard, first in my class, with a Law Degree.

I imagine your Dad is looking down on you with the pride that my Father felt towards me. Sure, you had periods of clean time before, but nothing like this past year. You have worked through so many of your issues and have been through a great deal in this time. You are in Recovery my friend and your Dad has gotten his wish . . . to see his Daughter Happy, Joyous & Free.

Big Hugs,
Judy
Old 02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thinking of you :ghug3