Notices

Hello from Ireland..

Old 02-10-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

hey louis, your mums wise, and of course why wouldnt she be.......enniskillen.....they aint fools there!! nice to hear u!!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey nelco....is that Gaelic? How many folks still know the language....curious.

God bless ya.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Gaeltacht areas are mainly in the west where the Irish language is still the everyday spoken language of the local people, some in kerry also and then dotted around smaller parts. We all learn it in school of course but because we do not use it everyday a lot gets lost...which is a shame really because it is a beautiful. There is a bit of a revival on at the moment where one of the mobile companies have the option of irish on the phone...which also corrects your grammer etc.
You may have heard of des bishop. the comedian...born in america in 1975 now primarily based in Ireland having moved to County Wexford in 1990. recovering alcoholic too!! He very funny and he is doing a lot at the moment to help the irish language come back. He makes it "cool" for the younger generation. If you know the group called "rthe house of pain" they had a song called "jump around" and des bishop relased it in irish here. which created a great stir and now all the teenagers want to know it. YouTube - Des Bishop sings "Jump Around" in Gaelic have a listen here..
Old 02-11-2009, 03:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have Irish ancestry on my moms side. A few months back there was a guy from Ireland I met sitting next to me at the bar I go to. After a few hours he became so loud and crazy when he went to the bathroom I ran out of the bar. Good guy but got really drunk really fast! I've always wanted to go to Ireland, but haven't yet. I heard it is VERY expensive in Ireland these days?:wtf2