Notices

Allow myself to re-introduce...myself

Old 01-31-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for your kind and re-welcoming words!

I identified as a newcomer at my meeting this morning, like I planned. I simultaneously felt like I wanted to hide under my seat, and like I'd returned safely home. Everyone's very supportive and welcoming in the rooms-- which I should have known already from experience. There's a whole lot more "We're glad you're here!" than there is "Where have you been?".

I relapsed around Christmastime, in the middle of my 4th step. But I feel like I'm on a better track than ever before-- I'm working steps, I have a sponsor who keeps me accountable, I have a home meeting and a schedule of meetings I go to (well, that I'm going back to).

Advice to any newcomers reading this-- GET A SPONSOR.
GETASPONSORGETASPONSORGETASPONSOR!!! I rationalized for a very long time that I could sponsor myself, or that I could get another newbie on these boards to do some kind of co-sponsorship. I know what it's like to not want someone who'll hold you accountable. Don't kid yourself-- if you're going to pursue a journey of rigorous honesty, you need a sponsor who's been through the whole deal before.

Originally Posted by prettypoison View Post

BTW, are the lyrics at the bottom of your post from an Ozzy song?
Hey pretty p! Yes-- that's Paranoid, of course; the old Sabbath song.

Thanks again-- both to the alchies I recognize from before, and to the new faces (icons, I suppose). I look forward to being on this board PLENTY in the future. Albeit without such long-winded posts.

All the best,

B'sT
Old 01-31-2009, 03:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I always smiled when I saw that you had posted a new blog entry. I always learned a lot about myself when I read them. The trouble is, you can get a lot more feedback and support by posting in the forums.

B'sT, you are a smart and wize guy, we are lucky to have you here. Go to your meetings honey, and dont forget to come back here and share.

:ghug3
Old 01-31-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your return. The past is over, gone...pppffft.
Enjoy today. I admire your courage to return and post.