Notices

Pills are my weakness

Old 01-21-2009, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Pills are my weakness

This is my first post, although I've been a reader for quite some time. I'm new to this whole online addiction support via forum. I've found a lot of answers to questions, that have helped me along the way.

Although I have relapsed, several times, I am staying clean from now on. I work in a pharmacy, and soon to graduate college and apply to pharmacy schools. But I know I need to kick my addiction asap. My studies, my social life, and my family have all suffered. I was taking 12-15 Norco 10-325's a day, with benzos sprinkled in between like candy. I've lived my life like this for almost 2 years and I'm changing my life.

I've heard Suboxone glorified at the "Wonder drug" and in my experience it has lived up to the hype. Inducted with Subutex, and keeping myself on track with Suboxone, I have so much more energy and almost no desire to reach for the pill bottles. Last week I missed a few doses and went crazy, diving back into my old habits, but I've regained control and I'm done. My doctor is keeping me at 2-3 subs a day, and I'm going to stay clean from today on.

Thanks for all of your support, whether or not you know it, reading your comments and your posts about your struggles and your recovery has been a huge inspiration to me. So I thank you once again for that. I hope to now become an active member in the forums and maybe share something to influence someone else's life for the better.

Cheers!

(pardon any typo's I don't feel like re-reading I'm a little foggy right now and it's late, heh)
Old 01-21-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to the family veg

and good wishes to you...

rz
Old 01-21-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep coming back, you're in the right place!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome and good luck. I find it ironic that you are entering the pharmacy field and like pills. I guess knowing the ins and outs and effects of them will hekp you avoid them. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 01-21-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Welcome. We are always here to talk.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. Im glad to hear that the suboxone is working for you.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forums. I have problems with prescriptions to. Not benzos or Norco though. I go for the Ritalin and Adderal. But I can understand the feeling of it not really being a problem since it's a prescription and not an illegal drug.

I'm really glad that you've found some medications that help though. Definitely keep checking in and reaching out for help.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Vegas, I understand the Norco thing, although I usually mixed mine with scotch. Keep with the Rx treatment program, it sounds like it can really get you through the immediate tough times. Post again please.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Welcome to SR, Vegas..glad you found us...glad you finally found the right treatment program for you...hugs, Grateful
Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

welcome. congratulations on getting sober. Just remember....you only have to stay sober for TODAY. not for the next year, or month, or week....just for today. If you remember that, and you listen to your doctor and you go to meetings, then you will never have to use again.

keep it up
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Veg.... Welcome to SR!!! We are sooooo glad you are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ghug2 Nicki
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I work in a pharmacy, and soon to graduate college and apply to pharmacy schools. But I know I need to kick my addiction asap.
Congratulations for taking steps in the direction of recovery.

I've spent the last two days sitting in the waiting area of local pharmacies, watching the workers handling the scripts, listening to pills being poured out from their containers to be counted, wondering how successful someone could be manipulating a way to scam pills in such a job. (Sadly, I have not yet learned to not love my pills.)

Of course, what my addiction would tell me would be a dream job, reason assures me that it would be a nightmare. I have no idea how someone could be so strong as to love pills and to become a pharmacist. However, you appear to have a decent head on your shoulders and seem motivated. Good for you.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by climbinInMaine View Post
welcome. congratulations on getting sober. Just remember....you only have to stay sober for TODAY. not for the next year, or month, or week....just for today.
Those are great words, and a very good way too look at it. Thank you.

And thank you all your kind welcome! I truly appreciate it. If there's anyone in the Vegas area that would like some support, or anyone for that matter, message me. I believe there is strength in numbers and surrounding yourself with people carrying similar trials is smart.

Thanks again.