Notices

16 and I feel great

Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

16 and I feel great

Hello again to all my fellow afflictees at SR. Tonight, I am crossing over to the 17th day of sobriety. I told myself this time I was not going to concern myself with the numbers, but...this is the longest I have gone in the past year. So I'll toot my horn just a wee bit.
I know to make changes in my habits to help support my recovery. As a result, I have been watching my diet extremely close and insuring my fruit/vegetable intake is high, as well as lots of yogurt and whole grains. Two weeks into the regime, I really feel good, mentally and physically. I have returned to my duties as an EMT and assistant fire chief and happy to be back in the saddle once more.
I don't mean to be self-centered with this writings, only to give hope to others that things can straighten out after being submerged in alcohol for months. To have one's head emerge from the liquid and breathe a full breath is quite marvelous. I give thanks for that reprieve.
I am painfully aware, however, that the pitfalls are still there, and the light is not always going to shine bright enough to reveal them. So I will have to walk slowly and carefully for some time yet. The danger is still very real.
But for tonight, I'm just going to sit and enjoy this little pink cloud. Maybe in a couple of days it may turn grey, but not tonight.
I hope to send a bit of this inner peace to all who may be in need of it. I wish you all a blessed evening.

Peace—
Padraic
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Creekryder, thank you so much for that post. Your words were both beautiful as well as heart felt. I could really feel just how you were feeling as I read it. Dont feel bad about letting us know about how great you are doing. Toot that horn my friened. Pat yourself on the back. Your success will help us all get success. We are all in this together.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice one Paddy. Don't worry too much about the future, you feel good today, that is great.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 01-22-2009, 01:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 17 days, but don't let this reprieve let you think you are "OK" now.

I did that many times, after a little while without alcohol I felt great and decided to drink again. Eventually I got right back to where I was, in the midst of withdrawal.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done, Padraic. Stay close to others in recovery - and keep us posted on your progress. It's wonderful to see hope in your post.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good for you paddy!

paddy
But for tonight, I'm just going to sit and enjoy this little pink cloud. Maybe in a couple of days it may turn grey, but not tonight.
paddy, that PC can be a lifetime thing, its all in the attitude of gratitude, not attitude...

go for it, and keep the Pink Parachute Packed, just in case...

good wishes to you paddy...