Notices

Big night for me tonight, going to see Metallica, SOBER.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

No Doubt and Metallica? That's an odd/interesting pairing...pretty different musical styles.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

But that's right, when No Doubt first started playing they were more of a rock band than they are now. They're more of a pop band now, I think.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I was thinking the same thing.
No Doubt is No More.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
I hope they're still playing "Battery"
They sure are, and here is the soundboard recorded audio of "Battery" from the concert...

DivShare File - met090118d2_14_Battery.mp3

And here is the soundboard recorded audio of "Nothing Else Matters" from the concert...

DivShare File - met090118d2_16_Nothing_Else_Matters.mp3

Just hit play...

They also played such classics as: Harvester, One, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Sad But True, And Justice For All, Master, Sandman, Hit The Lights, Seek & Destroy, and a bunch from the new album, Death Magnetic. If anyone has any specific requests to hear any of these live songs from the Boston concert, I'll gladly post them up.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Id like to hear master of puppets and one please. Did they play Fade to Black?
Old 01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by C23 View Post
Id like to hear master of puppets and one please. Did they play Fade to Black?
No "Fade To Black" unfortunately, I do love that song, but here are the ones you wanted...

Master

DivShare File - met090118d2_13_Master_Of_Puppets.mp3

One

DivShare File - met090118d1_05_One.mp3

Enjoy and be sure to tell me what you think.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
What comes around, Goes around

I may be going to a concert out of town from me soon to see a band called Clutch.
I never heard of them but my friend, Who does not drink wants me to go with him.
I just may go.
I dont think they will be serving hot tea but I will get a Mt. Dew I guess?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

UPDATE:

While I myself managed to enjoy this recent Metallica concert quite SOBER and without incident, this local (now infamous, and ex-) police officer had quite a different experience and his drunkenness at the show cost him his job as a police officer and presumably his career in law enforcement. For those who didn't hear abut this doozy of a story, this off duty Brewster,MA police officer, Joseph Houston urinated on people, exposed himself to people, made racial remarks, was kicked out, then did some trespassing to try and sneak back in, was waving his badge around like a typical entitled cop, and now faces felony charges from the Boston Police. I'm sure he'll be popular in jail if we're all lucky enough to see him end up there.

This is the Official Police Report...(trust me, it's worth a look, it's so unbelievable)

DivShare File - houston_invest609.pdf

And this is Joseph Houston...

Old 03-09-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Further proof of what the poison does to us & how it alters our behavior. I hadn't heard about this, getr. Talk about remorse, can you imagine waking up the next day and vaguely remembering what you did - then finding out the gory details, that your job is gone, etc. Thanks for sharing - it just makes me even more resolved.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Further proof of what the poison does to us & how it alters our behavior. I hadn't heard about this, getr. Talk about remorse, can you imagine waking up the next day and vaguely remembering what you did - then finding out the gory details, that your job is gone, etc. Thanks for sharing - it just makes me even more resolved.
From what I've read since the incident, he has shown (Metallica reference here) absolutely NO REMORSE at all. In fact, he was on paid administrative leave for a while (nice to get a check for doing nothing after going on a drunken crime spree) meanwhile he and his attorney have been trying to figure out how they're gonna slither out of this one and avoid criminal charges while somehow holding onto his job as a police officer. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, and I hope he ends up in jail, where I'm sure that ex-cops with a penchant for exposing themselves to teenage girls are VERY popular.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Congratulations I bet you will have a wonderful time AND remember everything. No hangovers tomorrow, just a great memory!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

I promise, last word on the drunken off duty Massachusetts cop (Joseph Houston) who disgraced himself at this Metallica concert back in January. His story has been like the parallel story to my story that night. My story of course was, happy & grateful Metallica fan goes to see Metallica sober for the first time ever, his story, well...very different. Drunk, peeing on people, assaulting people, exposing his penis to a teenage girl, racial remarks, trespassing...

Anyway, he was fired from his department, plead guilty to most of the charges yesterday, and for the most part it's over but you have to see his mug shot to believe it, and the irony of this could not be made up in a script, it's real...

Here he is...

Yup, he's wearing an ALCOHOLICA shirt on the night alcohol cost him everything!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Getr,

Thanks for the story. I remember the first post when you were first going and my inquiring mind wanted to know how come this post was still going on.
Anyway any and all of these horror stories can only help us stay sober. They tell me all those "nevers" can happen to any of us if we choose to drink again. This had to make your experience even better. He seemed to have that "cop" attitude which should do him in if he goes to prison.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Oh he definitely had the entitled-above-the-law cop attitude big time, and it cost him.

That and a combination of many beers and a shirt that tells the story...

He plead guilty in a plea deal to most of the charges and will avoid prison, and having to register as a sexual offender. Though he does have to get some alcohol counseling, pay back the family he assaulted like $2,600, and he has to discontinue any efforts to get his old cop job back. Other than that, it was mostly just his career and his reputation that he lost...

Maybe he'll show up here on SR.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getr345 View Post

Maybe he'll show up here on SR.
Well, it would be interesting if he did!! Wonder if he'd tell his story?

I thought of you getr last nite... the college station I listen to, exclusively, was fooling around and did an impression of Maya Angelou (spelling?) reading Master of Puppets... not too funny, really, but they had quite a send up. Kids these days... ...

Mark
Old 04-09-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Something tells me that "Houston-We-Have-A-Problem" has not reached his bottom yet and that there will be more drinking, more rage and more anger. It's really very sad and a part of me feels bad for him, but when you cross the line and actual harm other people and do the kinds of things he did when his job is (was) actually to protect people, I have limited sympathy. As an American soldier on active duty, I conducted myself with the utmost military bearing and respect for people both on and off duty because there really was no off duty as far as I was concerned. I represented America 24/7 and he should have had that thinking, instead of the stinkin thinkin that landed him in the hot water he's in. And I have not heard one word of remorse from him, not an apology, not a peep of regret spoken, nothing. I think he probably feels like it's no big deal and that a terrible wrong has been done to him, but who knows, he looks like such a nice, thoughtful fellow huh? lol...

Maya Angelou speaking Master of Puppets huh? I'd like to hear that, funny...
Old 04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That he should be able to avoid prison is so grossly unfair. Anyone else would be in a cell right now. Why isn't the sentence regardless of who did the crime?? Something tells me this isn't the last we'll hear of Joseph Houston...
Old 04-14-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Getr345....
thanks for referring me here.
I just purchased tickets for the Dallas concert yesterday...but the show isn't until Sept!
I think I am going to be beside myself with excitement!

Oh well, I sure don't know as much about them as you do..so I can do some research while waiting.
I basically fell completely in love with them with the S&M DVD where they perform with the San Francisco Orchestra!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

liveweyerd: There are links in this thread to a few of the live songs they did in Boston if you wanna get a feel for what it's gonna sound like. Enjoy the show and watch out for drunken police officers, lol...
Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

what do you think of the S&M dvd?

Now I am curious about the documentary you mentioned!
Gonna have to get that!

oh hey! I just thought of a goal...maybe I can lose enough weight to get in my black leather pants again! (that's ambitious!) LOL