Notices

letting off steam.......

Old 01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry letting off steam.......

excuse me for a moment while i rant........i am sick to death of seeing and hearing alcohol destroy peoples lives.
I hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it......robbing familys of loved ones......dragging loved one through the heart ache.

I just read "seemsthrough thread" and listen to how hard it is to get back and it hurts..........another good person nearly destroyed by this s.t.

Im bombarded with adverts on the tv about how lovely this poison is.
Brewers only to happy to get kids on the stuff......and dress it up as alco-pop.

In my town and this is true there is a pub with a sign outside at 11 in the morning it says...breakfast special.....1.80 a pint...ha ha ha ha what a joke.
If alcohol was a person...i would make it my life work to kick the "you know what" out of it....and then drive my 14 wheeler over it.

GOD I HATE THE STUFFover the years ive been too many funerals because of that s..t

In the uk its a big problem........i wouldnt go out on a friday night cos everyone is kicking the hell out of each other.............because of this poison.

I never want this poison back in my life and if i ever post on here that im thinking of having another drink...get over here and give me a good slap.

And lastly thankyou for letting me rant.....having a anger moment and needing to get that off my chest.
OOOOOOOO That felt good.................trucker
Old 01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Sometimes I feel the same as you do on this about alot of things. All addictions that suck people in and cater to a void of some sort- chemical and non chemical. Money isn't a justifiable means for someone to prey on another's weakness, imo.

Sure, it is people's choice to partake in what they are addicted to, but nobody really chooses to be addicted. I get angry when I see those addictions exploited, for money.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I hate it too.

I'll have nothing to do with it in my life (that's all I can do).

Old 01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hate what I became when I drank. A nasty selfish depressing paranoid isolating mess. So much better without that crap.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hate it too trucker here in New Zealand I think is a lot like the uk where drinking is very acceptable and where alcohol is made attractive for young people. I hate how its destroying me my family and everything that I love. But its not going to win !! Im going soon to rehab hopefully in a couple of weeks and I will learn how to kick its arse and tell it to get the hell out of my life for good!!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mle-sober

You make me smile Trucker. Sorry. I think it's super rude to smile when someone is all angry. But you make me smile. I'm glad you're here at SR. And I'd be mighty surprised if you went and got drunk ever again. You give us all extra ammo against this enemy.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BKP

I didn't notice until i took my head from my a$$ and then i saw what it was like to be sober, and it is clear.