Notices

New comer

Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up New comer

Hi I am Lisa an alcoholic/addict and this is my first posting. I am 43 years old and this is my third time back into AA. 1st time I went to treatment I did it to help me out in court, the second time I went to treatment it was because I was homeless. This last time I did it just for me. I have finally accepted that I am an alcoholic and am powerless. I have had many problems because of drinking, first time I ever drank I was sexually assaulted, three arrests for 3rd degree assault, one DUI, one drug parafella charge, and destruction of property charge. I shaddered my ankle while in a black out. I could go on and on. What brought me back was my last drunk I left my house and went to the bar and did not get home until 4am. The bars here close at 1:00am. I got to the bar at 11, so basically I was in a black out for 5 hours. I have no idea where I went or how I got home. I broke my husband's heart. Good news is today I have 50 days of sobriety, a sponsor and doing 90 meetings in 90 days. I am working on step one with my sponsor--she is great. I love to share and hear other people's stories. Glad to be here!,
Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad you are here too Birdy! I had been sober for 5 years and relapsed several months ago and am trying again. I think lack of meetings, feeling a little too proud of myself and being lonely and tired brought me into this mess again. Good news is that I am picking myself up and trying again. One day at a time. Today was a good day.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your sober days...

Blessings to you and your family
Welcome to our recovery community...
Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Birdy to SR and congrats on 50 days and the action you are taking.
Blackouts are a scary business, I remember once sitting in a burger bar with the waitress waiting to take my order. I was looking past her out the window into the street thinking "Where the hell am I", turned out I was hundreds of miles from home and had lost about 12 hours.
Great folk here with support, advice and friendship for you.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi, im louis.... just a sober drunk who can't sleep.....have a lot to say but no words to say it with?...um....does that make sense?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Birdy

Congrats on the 50 days and
Old 01-04-2009, 03:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Loved the honesty in your post and Congratulations on 50 days' sobriety ODAAT
Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Whyme101 View Post
hi, im louis.... just a sober drunk who can't sleep.....have a lot to say but no words to say it with?...um....does that make sense?
makes sense to me,I have horrible sleeping habits, always have had. I have just learned to deal with it. Sites like this really help.