Thread: New comer
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Birdy43

Thumbs up New comer

Hi I am Lisa an alcoholic/addict and this is my first posting. I am 43 years old and this is my third time back into AA. 1st time I went to treatment I did it to help me out in court, the second time I went to treatment it was because I was homeless. This last time I did it just for me. I have finally accepted that I am an alcoholic and am powerless. I have had many problems because of drinking, first time I ever drank I was sexually assaulted, three arrests for 3rd degree assault, one DUI, one drug parafella charge, and destruction of property charge. I shaddered my ankle while in a black out. I could go on and on. What brought me back was my last drunk I left my house and went to the bar and did not get home until 4am. The bars here close at 1:00am. I got to the bar at 11, so basically I was in a black out for 5 hours. I have no idea where I went or how I got home. I broke my husband's heart. Good news is today I have 50 days of sobriety, a sponsor and doing 90 meetings in 90 days. I am working on step one with my sponsor--she is great. I love to share and hear other people's stories. Glad to be here!,