Notices

Class of December for all those who got sober this month

Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
On the road of happy destiny

Hey guys... I have a lot of catching up to do but I just wanted to check in and say I'm still sober. My daughter and I had a fantastic little vacation and I don't want to be back in the real world but c'est la vie, right?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

I am home, in a lot of pain. very tired. will post more as i get stronger. it was good reading you guys posts and how well you are all doing.

going to try and sleep, hugs to everyone

ps thought my husband would have pity on me and stay with me for at least the first few days...but nope....when we got home he started putting together the futon i bought instead of a bed, but became tired and went home....

talk more later
Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Here's to you, SeaHorse, hope you can get comfortable, happy healing.

I've been pretty lax with posting lately, due to Former Fiance's mother's (with whom I am very close) unexpected hospitalization after enduring chest pains. She underwent an emergency angioplasty today, and it's just been draining. I remain sober, I journal daily, and have taken Former Fiance in temporarily, until his mom returns home.

There haven't been any arguments, tense conversation or problems at all. It's actually been really nice to work my recovery in conjunction with his. We baked chocolate chip cookies for his siblings last night, which is something I haven't done in awhile. The house smells wonderful.

I'm just tired. Funds have been very stodgy, and today was exhausting, but I wanted to give some support and love to the thread. I'll post more when energy allows me to.
:ghug

Proud of everybody. Here's to Class of December!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:34 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Good Friday Morning to everyone. Oh my am I in pain. But this morning even though I have a full bottle of freshly prescribed Vicodin sitting on the kitchen counter - I read for 3 Advils instead.

The pain is from the countless shots stuck all around in my mouth. I would rather not do the Vikes until the evening if I can hold out.

I have a slight test this weekend in that a friend of mine is the singer in an 80s band and she wants me to come out and shoot pictures if I can. We all know where bands play. I am not scared that I am going to want a drink, I am more scared I will feel like an out of place bumbling idiot.

Then next week, which I will talk more about later, is LAS VEGAS.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone~ Just stopping by to say Hello real quick and wish everyone a wonderful weekend. Don't have much time so I can't do personals right now, but I'll try to catch up in the next few days =)

Take Care All~
Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

-Hi everyone, the operation went well, no complications, I had been carring around a fibroid the size of a graprefuti! The pain is intense. The first day in the hospital was hard but I had a morphine push machine and pushed that damn button every five minutes, then I was able to drop it down to every hour or so. The next day they took away the morphine, and I was on a cocktail of oxycodone, tylenol, and ibuprofen. I felt hardly any pain as long as I lie still as a corpse, but the minute I moved it was intense.

I am down to one or two oxy's being at home which I intersperse with the ibuprofen. The feeling I get with the oxy is kind of 'icky', especially if I lie down to take a nap, I feel groggy when I wake up, disoriented and just blech.

Hubby is coming over tonight to finish his futon project and bring me some supplies.

Hope you all have a good weekend, I feel so close to you all, what a nice feeling to know I can come here everyday and talk to you all.

Love
Seahorse
Old 01-23-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Nothing really exciting with me. Going to bed early tonight so I can run in the morning. It's always good to read everyone's words.

Seahorse -- take care of yourself so you heal quickly.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

:ghug3 for all today! Glad all are doing well and surviving in sobriety. It's not easy but it's so very worth the effort.

:ghug3
Old 01-24-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hello class of December. I,m not really from your class, but I did quit drinking before midnight Dec. 31st. Anyway I enjoy droppin in and checking out your posts. I only hope I can do as well as some of you, for you are all very inspiring . Thanks to all!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone~ I'm stopping by in a flash to say HI! I'm about go out with Hubby for the day and I"m excited! We haven't had time alone since Thanksgiving, so this is some much needed alone time =)

Love you guys and talk to you soon!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let people know I havent read any of my notifications or email yet cuz I;m still too weak to spend any length of time upright. Just wanted to let you know i'm not ignoring yous!

I had the best night sleep since I had the operation on the futon, I didn;t even flatten it oug, just slept on it like a couch. And I have been constipated for over a week and feel ten pounds lighter! Sorry if too much 411!

Classical I feel the same way about my father who passed five years ago. The pain never goes away. I'll see something that reminds me of him and next thing I know I am crying my eyes out.

Mariposa, enjoy your husband! It is a blessing to have a good one!

Gotta go now but thinking of ALL of you...will report back later. So far today I am managing pain with just ibuprofen and tylenol..

love
Seahorse
Old 01-24-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Seahorse -- good to hear positive news. After my Fast/Cleanse I am an EXPERT on evacuations ... anyone need advice - just ask. hehe!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I'm finally catching up here. My little girl and I had so much fun on our mini vacation. Then I got back and had two days of work hell. Seriously, I normally tolerate or even borderline like my job but I was ready to go postal. Then this morning I dropped my daughter off at her dad's house and for just a fleeting moment, I thought of drinking. This scenario, in the past, would have seen me passed out before 5pm. I hate coming back from vacation, hate work stress, and I miss my girlie when she's not around. But I didn't drink. I cleaned the house (well, I'm still working on it!), did some laundry, cleaned my car, etc. Good, productive stuff. If I'm going to feel funky, might as well be doing laundry, right?

I just ate a huge antipasto salad and even though there's still more to do around this house, I'm sort of just sitting here in awe of how normal I feel. I'm sober and it doesn't feel completely revolutionary. That's seriously awesome.

Originally Posted by Mariposa18 View Post
I went to my profile and changed my sobriety date to the 15th of January. Why did I come to that decision? Well, I guess I had what you call an A-HA moment after all the things I read. A date doesn't undo my 50 days free of alcohol, it doesn't undo my hard work. But now, looking at that date, instead of seeing my setback, I see the day I finally gave myself over to my recovery 100%. The day I finally said ENOUGH and decided to care about myself, to care about my life, to LIVE my life in a way that I can be proud of.
Wow, what a great post! I love this. Seriously... that's very wise stuff. Thanks for sharing it!

I'm glad to hear the rest of you guys are doing so well still. We all rock!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Fawkez88

Thumbs up Former Addict

I have been sober and weed free since the 9th of January now and it has been a very hard road. For years I denied that I was addicted and because of someone I loved showed me that when anything went bad, I would turn to these substance I learned I was an addict. The first stage. Currently I am going through withdrawals but I will never go back. It is a hard long road but because of the love of the people around me and my determination to become a professional football player I need to. For anybody that needs help, learn to accept the addiction in order to fight it off. Don't deny it.

Michael Fox
Old 01-24-2009, 09:16 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

hi all,

no call from husband,,,at all...today...to check in on me to see if i need anything or how i am doing (we are separated).

I have decided I need to move ASAP from this 'party palace' housing project. I am surrounded by younger people, most of them drinkers..including the new neighbors who were quiet for one whole week and guess the honeymoon is over cuz it is party central over there now almost every night.

Now that I am the ripe old age of fifty I am eligible for some 'senior housing' and since I am also disabled qualify for senior disability housing..which in my experience from what I have seen have the quietest, cleanest properties. No unattended screaming kids...in fact..bonus..no kids allowed...! And rarely is seen a party animal! Most of them at our age are too pooped out to party by now!

So on my agenda list, divorce, new housing and part-time job...and continuing sobriety cuz without that nothing is possible.

Classical, when I first got sober 20 years ago (had a lot of off and on practice) I had no urge to drink around drinkers either, but as time progressed it became harder and harder...and the bad drinking memories became not as clear, and the alko voice in my head became louder..saying...awww it wasn't that bad..and after two years I drank again.....we need to be always vigilent.

omg the whooping and loud noises and voices next door are really annoying...i feel so alone right now...except for you guys...my husband has asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, so he is not really HERE for me emotionally or physically right now either. I can't wait to start going to meetings again....I'm planning on next Friday.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

And Exnavy....there is nothing like a nice refreshing cleansing feeling after a big poopsy is there! Ok I promise no more poop talk!!!!!
Love you guys
Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Good morning everyone! Well I got up allll early thinking wow.. I'll get to see the sun rise (A new favorite treat now that I have no hangovers and actually get decent sleep), and went outside and it's gray.. gloomy.. spitting snow. Darn!

Classical, that's interesting you were talking about (typing about) how indifferent you feel about drinking. I was just in my counseling session yesterday, and I was telling Dr. Gary that it SCARES me a little that I feel so far away from alcohol, that I don't crave, that I have no thoughts of drinking. I feel that I have to remember how bad it was, to stay the way I am now. His response to me was 1. that's great.. you ARE far away from it FOR NOW. and 2. Life happens, have a plan for when something in your life happens that brings you to your knees. When I thought about this a little bit, after he gave me some frightening examples of what *could* happen in life that rocks peoples' worlds (sig other cheating, death of a family member, loss of a job.. etc etc..) I did realize I'm not as far away from it as I thought. If I was truly brought to my knees by devastation, I dont know how out of reach that bottle might be.

It's a thinker.

The best advice I got yesterday was that "confidence is wonderful, it comes from success. Complacency and arrogance are the addict's keys to relapse".

As we all read about people 6 months, a year, 5 years, 10 years starting to drink again, I think we can all agree that we are never THAT far away from the next drink, and that scares me enough to keep active in sobriety, and proud of my success, and humbled by the fact that we are all indeed, human, fragile sometimes, weak sometimes..

Ok, anyways I'm glad to see everyone here doing so well, we've been on this journey together for a chunk of time, and I'm proud of each and every one of you.

Seahorse, can you imagine how calm it would be to find a safe place (safe from partiers etc) to live? I hope that happens for you soon

Time to get showered.. I'm going to a knitting party (HAHAHA I never thought I'd type those words together in my life, I have no idea how to knit lol). Amazing the things I try now since I have so much free time, no hangovers, and a fresh mind It'll be a good day w/ the girlfriends, that's therapy right there!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

What movie was it, Classical? I'm guessing it wasn't Toy Story (our flick du jour).

Today was a good day. I got my house cleaned and all my laundry done, folded, and put away. That's huge for me... I always lived out of clothes baskets when I was drinking. It's really the little things that are so incredible to me.

Tomorrow is my home group meeting... I didn't go last week because we were on vacation so it'll be great to get back. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thats a trip flutter, I had the exact same conversation with my on again off again on the way to a union meeting today. My aunt was super happy with AA and sobriety for probably 10 years and when my grand father got cancer, she buckled and went back to drinking full force. Every time Ive ever had a tragedy in my life I have gotten through it partially numb, now is the time to learn coping skills.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi Friends~ Just stopping by quickly to say Hello =) I had a wonderful day out with Hubby yesterday and today. We're about to watch a movie but I wanted to come by and say Hi to all of you first. I will try and catch up with posts in the next few days~

Lots of Love~:ghug2
Old 01-25-2009, 10:03 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

Today seemed to be the day for movies! I watched an oldie but goody...streetcar named desire....very sad....

As a woman of a 'certain age' I do appreciate the wonders of proper lighting..can you still buy those paper lanterns anywhere! LOL.

One thing that kind of intrigued me was Vivien Leigh's accent throughout the film seemed to alternate between a southern accent, and a strong irish brogue....

Very thought provoking film...a thought...maybe we could start a movie club and pick a movie to watch together, not necessarily at the same time and then...discuss.

I absolutely adore books and movies. In fact I am going to watch another movie tonight before retirin (I am typing in a southahn accent).

Today was a good day for me also. Hubby came through for me.He came over and took out the trash for me and did a little grocery shopping and got almost everything on the list right! I had a nice conversation with my friend Ben. I took him to his first AA meeting, and he is now EIGHT years sober!!!! I am so proud of him.

I also managed a bit of housework, cleaned the toxic kitty litter, aired out the place, picked up here and there. Still can't do too much, but feeling better and stronger everyday. I must admit the oxycodone did give me a tingly good feeling this time, but I'm taking it only as prescribed or less, then I am not renewing the scrip.

And I had the best sleep yet last night. The partiers next door must have been all hungover and sick from fri. and sat. because it was quiet as a tomb over there today. I remember the horrendous hang-overs I suffered through almost every weekend. Never stopped me though. So glad those days are over.

I miss my meetings sooo much. I am hoping to be well enough to drive to the one this upcoming friday. Or I might ask one of my AA contacts or husband to take me.

Movie time!!!! Talk more tomorrow