Notices

What's good today?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What's good today? Lots - I have a nice warm house to be in, my dogs are happy and healthy, my daughter's lovely bf is visiting, and I have nothing to do today so can go back to bed any time I like!

Hugs to all the dog-and-cat-lovers!:ghug3
Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Bobble gets to go to the vet next Wed to get fixed.
Hopefully she calms down. She stopped crying as much. Now she likes to follow me around all the time. She will sit outside the bathroom while I am in there. If she is in the chair and I sit on the couch..She will come lay above me on the back of the couch. She still dont like being touched a whole lot. But she doea really like being close to me.
I am growing more attached to her everyday.
We have a game we play at night when I am here on the computer. I will move my hand under the blanket on my bed and she attacks. LOL ..Its funny. She pounced the other night and totally missed and and did a dive off the bed. It was funny as hell.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Classical View Post
What's good today?

What's good is that there is so much support here I can't even get around to checking it all out.

This site is huge and so active that I've made it 27 days without a problem (yet!).

Classical
that's what's good today. Congrats
Old 01-08-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I got to go to work. Got more than 6 hrs. Thats sad..But anything more than 3 or 4 hours is like you just won a cruise or something.
And I got some even better news when I come back after around 8 pm..But I will wait to let you guys know what that is. Just to be sure.
And life is good.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Good today...

....making fun of someone at work who can take it, and then that person makes fun of you back. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

What's good today - it's Friday here, it's not so hot that your eyes are scorched dry as soon as you walk outside, we had welcome rain overnight and I got most of my "clean house" finished yesterday (though you'd never tell this morning - kids?!?!)

As I head through Day3 I get more determined, and more uncertain. But what else is good about today is that I don't have to figure anything out though that fog of a hangover, and anxious distraction of what is the most "acceptable" time to crack another beer.....
Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Well..I know what is definately good now. This one makes the whole year for me.
I finally payed off the courts. After almost 2 years of it..I have completed my part.
All charges dropped and wont appear on my record.

Whats even better about it is...At the beginning I was doing the typical addict thing. Deny it till I die.
Well..I decided to own up for what I did and do whats right. And now I dont have anything hangin over my head anymore.

So...No more court for me. WOO HOO
Old 01-08-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Way to go ((Trish))!!! Doesn't it feel GREAT?!?!? I had mine paid off, then they sent the money order back, saying I sent too much money (?), and I still have to send another money order, but I can send it next week.

Today was beautiful here, sunshine and windy. Did some work for dad. My niece is painting her room lavender, and after a short temper tantrum and shouting match, she has finally calmed down and is actually doing a darned good job at the painting. We're both pms'ing and I only yelled back at her once. This is a huge improvement

Found out my stepsister, who has been MIA in New York, is locked up, which is a good thing, because she's not out on the streets, or worse.

Work is wearing me out, lately, but I'm very grateful that I have a job. Life is good!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-08-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

great day for painting - I am doing my kids rooms. Well, getting a start on them today. It's nice to be up a ladder without feeling dizzy....
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Well..Today I got to go to work. Thats always good.
I got up at 6:30 am to take the lil cousin to the bus stop.
That is a good thing. Because in the past. Noone would probably rely on me to do anyhting like that. Its nice to know my family trusts me and can count on me.
Off tomorrow. Going to get some more stuff around the house done.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

SNOW

What's good?? - snow is coming. College son home - skiing...
Old 01-09-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thankful

Thankful to not be sick from detoxing. 3 days into it, and I am ok. I am going to be okay. I promise myself.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Just woke up from a nice long nap, with one of the cats, and am getting ready to go to work. Found out almost all of the people I used to run around with (including the ex) are in jail (not good), but I'm not, which IS good, because I'm not into that life anymore.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-09-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Today, well. It's hard to say whats good. I got my computer, and you guys are now my immediate family. Since my denial has led me to losing my family, I can be grateful there is still this great support community!

*sigh* James
Old 01-09-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
BKP

The sun was out today, I worked out 2 hours at the gym, no hangover or stomache issues like in the past, when i would work out to burn off the beers i drank the night before the elastic on my boxers and pants are stretched, i am planning on losing my 10 pounds, i lost 4 pounds already from not drinking and it feels amazing planning on my workout routine to get me to my ideal weight. I am fit as i am but now i am mentally fit, the most important thing i can do for myself and others. ONE LOVE
Old 01-09-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

What's good today...

Well, I don't have a job yet, my car isn't fixed yet, the guy I like wants to stay friends, but guess what ... everything is good. I know this is all temporary stuff and "this too shall pass" because everyday things change and I can look forward to another day sober. I'm in So. California, so there's the beach, the meetings at the beach or in town (lots of them), my sanity (I think), and the best thing of all, God is in my heart, so good things are happening.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Wow..They have meetings at the beach??!!
That would definately get me to go.
I miss the beach so much it isnt even funny. Your so lucky.
Like the positive attitude. It makes a world of difference when we can look past all the BS and keep fighting.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Well it's Friday! And I have a belly full of yummy mexican food that I LOVE, brand new slippers to keep my toes toasty, fresh clean sheets (it's the little things sometimes.. hang in there.. ), and the hubby is giving my pup her injection in the morning so I can actually sleep past 7, which hasn't happened in months. Ahhhh. (watch.. I'll still wake up anyways.. lol)

And I'm sober, GOOD stuff for sure
Old 01-10-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

whats good today
I'm getting out of the house with my wife, instead of sitting at home drinking.
Sounds strange, but I don't remember going out in a LONG time!
Don
Old 01-10-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
let it grow!

big load of free firewood from our city a foot of fresh snow spaghetti sauce in the crock pot