Notices

What Next?

Old 11-30-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hey 47, perhaps your not one of us?

maybe try a little more experimenting...

a recovery book says...

"It was obviously necessary to raise the bottom the rest of us had hit to the point where it would hit them. By going back in our own drinking histories, we could show that years before we realized it we were out of control, that our drinking even then was no mere habit, that it was indeed the beginning of a fatal progression."

good wishes 47

rz
Old 11-30-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I started a workout and eating routine that was supposed to last for 90 days but after 90 days my body still wanted to workout and eat healthy.

I guess that is why the book is called "Body for Life"

Get the point?
Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Just another day...

Hey 47, after making it 30 days reward urself with a nice steak dinner instead of alcohol. I would say go reward urself with a new purse, like I plan on doing, but I dont think that u would want that. lol Or get something for urself u wouldnt normally..Do u like Ed Hardy stuff? I love his cologne and hats. Think of how much money you would blow on a normal night at the bar and invest that in u, in other ways.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

RG, Bill Phillips "Body For Life" thats a good book. Fiona, I may need a purse to carry all the money I have been saving by not drinking.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Good for you...(the iced tea thing)...!!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have read your post and I am very inspired. I too am a huge football fan, I played in college. Just thinking about saturday college football gets me amped. All I want to do is watch some football, get wasted and then hit the bar and meet girls. I hit the gym like crazy too but my biggest deterrent to getting in amazing shape is all the booze that I drink. I see that your getting it done and it is definitely giving me hope.
Today is day one for me and I am gonna beat this addiction, I hope you do too man!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SDFOX, Im on day 22, I use to train in MMA until I had 2 injury Surgeries, one in October and 1 in March. I put on about 25 to 30 extra pounds and I have been boozing like a rockstar for the last 16 or so years. I have to say the working out is giving me the strength to try to keep this sobriety thing going.The mind is strong, Feeling good in the AM, not making my schedule revolve around drinking. No Hang overs.
These small little victories keep me going. I didnt think I would be able to hang out at my watering hole and not drink. I have proven that theory wrong so far and it really hasnt been that tough. People ask why arent you drinking and I say I am trying too cut weight and clean my body out, end of discussion.

Before you know it day 1 will turn into 10. Stay busy and focus on turning your body into a health machine instead of a garbage can Like I had done for so long.
And meeting the girls is really not that hard when your not slobbering all over them and trying to form a sentence. Stay strong. Congrats on Day 1. Turn it into 30
Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

nickishine, YOU ROCK. I will hit my 30 and my reward will be a big fat ass steak dinner with two of my good friends who have been supporting me through this. The more I think about it, What am I missing from drinking? I am really trying to think of the positives that drinking gave me and I am not coming up with too many. I will get 30 days down and re evaluate my new direction. I do like where I am heading right now.