Notices

2 days ...sober we have normality

Old 11-17-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 days ...sober we have normality

4 days ago I received and email from this website congratulating me on my birthday... WOW that means 1,5 year has gone by since I tried to quit for the first time.

Where did the time go? I sure cant remembers half of it

I live on autopilot just doing what needs to be done nothing more or less.

Sunday I woke up and I just somehow knew I had to quit, just the moment I opened my eyes that was the first thing I thought. right after that thought I got a terrible headache....

Ok so we are now back and 2 days sober....

So what is different compared to last time

I started to go to the gym3-4 times a week and I do Mixed martial arts 2x a week. This helps me get mentally stronger that is why I can quit drinkin again.

Last time I quit because of my family and wife..... Now I quit for me just me and only me.

My biggest problem (besides alcohol) the longer I am sober the more I convince myself that I am normal and that drinking beer is normal.. That is normal to drink beer and I just want to be normal.

I know from previous times that my mind will start playing tricks on me starting tonight at 20.30 (my normal drinking time when the kids are sleeping)

With alcohol I will never be the man I can be..... only less

I will check in with you guys again around 22.00 amsterdam time and let you know how it goes

thanks for reading and thanks everyone for posting all of your own stories on this forum it helps people a lot just by knowing you are not alone..... thanks guys
Old 11-17-2008, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Belated

Best wishes on your fresh start
Welcome back to SR
Old 11-17-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

You said: "Now I quit for me just me and only me."

I did the same.

I also read the forum sticky under Alcoholism that contains excerpts from the book 'Under the Influence'. I then understood why cutting back to just a beer or glass of wine would not work for me.

I am addicted to alcohol. I can not drink any alcohol. Ever.

Feels good to have the head and heart in agreement. No more internal conflict.

Congratulations on your new attitude!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How many times have I tried to quit, How many times I tried to cut down. Few years, I promised others. This time I am doing it for me, I have scared myself to the point that I have to ..I fear being locked up in a mental ward for being a nutcase or dying. I guess I had to get to the point where I felt it for me, not for others. Good luck and keep posting let us know how you are doing. I am 14 days today after the worst relapse ever.