Notices

Wow! Bottoms Part 100

Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Use wax paper and mail them on a wednesday....

Old 10-31-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
This place is like Euro-Bottoms now. I think the Brits outnumber the Americans here! Stoney should feel right at home.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hugs and love going out to all of you! :ghug
Old 10-31-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
I do think that the one thing the British have contributed to world cuisine is exciting things to do with potatoes!

I thought that would be the Irish ?

Guinea pigs - hate 'em.
Had one once and all it did was make annoying sounds and sh*t alot.
Not to mention I think I was allergic to it. Cats, dogs, horses no problem.
Guinea pigs itchy watery eyes and sneezing...
Old 11-01-2008, 03:36 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I drank the other night, I vaguely remember posting some weird stuff. I am sorry to those I upset.

I am sober again now.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:42 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Are you being serious Stone? If you are, sorry you relapsed, but glad you're back on the horsie!

Fizzy - of course I'm going to wrap them seperately - my guinea pig ain't getting all messy and covered in mashed potato! If I find them in Tesco's, what do I do then? Fry, bake, put them in the toaster??

Frstnm - I got two guinea pigs someone didn't want anymore, a mother and son! I was told it was a mother and daughter. Now I have five!!!

Nands - your pictures crack me up!! Is that someone you know??
Old 11-01-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Are you being serious Stone? If you are, sorry you relapsed, but glad you're back on the horsie!
Yep, I am serious. It is good that it only lasted a day but I went weird and was pretty offensive to some people.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

((Stone)) Think most of us have done things under the influence we regret - all you can do is make your amends. :ghug3
Old 11-01-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Yep, I am serious. It is good that it only lasted a day but I went weird and was pretty offensive to some people.
Dammit Stone.

Glad you're back on the wagon though. But you have to be tougher on yourself - not about the insulting people part, or the desperately surreal posts; I still do that sober - about the drinking part.

Something must be done, any ideas? What about rehab?
Old 11-01-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hi Stone,
I wondered what was going on. Glad you have stopped drinking.
What are you going to differently this time?
I'm not patronizing you, because I was a serial relapser for almost four years and this is what people asked me. Maybe rehab would help- it did me, although since then, it is the rooms that have kept me sober. Keep Coming Back Stone. We need you and YOU deserve your Recovery.
:ghug2
Old 11-01-2008, 06:23 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was supposed to do some things today but feel too crappy to do anything. I shall spend the day watching movies and drinking tea. Happy sober Saturday to my friends here!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I hate insulting people, I wouldn't mind if I didn't insult people I like.

I have been to rehab, it didn't really work out.

What am I going to do different? I am already going to 5 meetings a week by public transport, doing steps 10 and 11 daily. So, I don't know.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Re-visit Step One Powerlessness and unmanageability?
I know what it is like to keep relapsing. I can only speak for myself but it wasn't much fun. My blackouts got worse, then there were hallucinations. I lost everything in the end; from my driving licence to my dignity and self respect. Five years and nine months' ago when I came out of rehab, I ended up at a hostel for the homeless with my possessions in bin bags. That's what it took for me to get sober but that doesn't have to be anyone else's journey nor yours Stoney. And God I wouldn't wish my descent into Hell and Back on anyone. Love and Hugs in Fellowship.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by espresso View Post
Re-visit Step One Powerlessness and unmanageability?
Yep, I am doing a review with my sponsor soon. You would think I would have go it by now!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

stoney

OK...just gonna share this

I got sober in 1985 and stayed sober for 2.5 years. I was attending 2-3 aa meetings a day, working the steps, sponsored, gsr for the group, helping other alchoholics. That day I went to two meetings, called both my sponsors (in our group you always had 2 sponsors), called several other alchoholics, prayed, meditated, and was supose to go to a gsr meeting.....instead I went to the liquer store and got drunk.

I was genuinely working the program and doing a fine job at it......so, what happened when I got drunk????

I cried and cried and got enraged...i called my sponsor and told her how absolutely angry I was and how much pain I was in becuase of the actions of OTHER PEOPLE. I talked about things that I was totally unaware of sober..but that had been a part of my basic self all those years.

I'm not saying that drinking was good I'm saying that the missing peice wasn't anything to do with AA....not really...it was that I couldn' allow myself to say..you know some people really screwed me over and it isn't ok...If there is a god...i hate him, and there are some people I dont like....In my whole life I had never been able to talk about some of that stuff unless I was drunk.

It isn't always the answer to just say...i'm self centered, i was wrong, etc. there is a certain amount of self respect and setting a boundry of expecting (YES EXPECTNG) respect that I had to find a way to incorporate in my life. I had to learn how to be able to say things others might not like or might think less of me for SOBER....so then I wouldn't have to be drunk to get to that....I was a "serial slipper" for several years after that before I learned how to express and work with those things that I had never been willing to really look at sober.

Stoney...I respect you, and the path you are on....I believe you can stay sober, and even if you were a little over the top the other day...I believe it will result in growth. :ghug

doesn't seem like a step one issue to me
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Stone.

How are you today mate?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Thanks Nands. I am just bemused by how I keep doing it, I am sick of myself.

Hi Nuno, I am OK today thanks. Just anxious and stuff.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Stone, This is just a suggestion, but as long as I kept trying to do it my way, my Ego was still in charge, trying to beat the disease using only my limited human resources, half measures failed every time, the only thing I had to get, was to quit trying to figure out how to do this, without a complete and total surrender of myself, to a power greater then I was, which in my case was my Creator, who I believe created me from love, and would care for me, if I gave my will something he freely gave to me, back to him, so he could help me. When I finally understood he would help me to do
this If I was at least willing to try. That was the beginning of my recovery, to be free from the control of my disease of Alcoholism, over 20 years ago.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi Paul, nice to see you back.

I wrote TWO lectures and deleted them both!

Suffice to say - it quite definitely IS a step one issue.

Take it easy.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Stone
Glad youre back w us sober. Try not to beat yourself up too much for the relapse. It wont do anything for you. (coming from experience) Try to LEARN from it. I relapsed about 5 moths ago otherwise I would have a year + but all I can do is try to learn from it and do more when I feel like drinking even if it is hard.
Take care buddy....
Old 11-01-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I've only been at this for a month and a half and relapsed three times!! All I can say, the sober time inbetween has still taught me stuff.

People ask what I'm going to do different this time - I have no idea. Like you, Stone, I don't know what else to do, except work on recovery principles more, like acceptance, letting go etc.