Notices

aaaaaaaaaaaargggggggghhh

Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

aaaaaaaaaaaargggggggghhh

I keep trying and trying and trying and trying!!!!!!!! And i cant stay sober, no matter how much i want to...my problem is pills, but im substituting, alcohol...i dont want to drink, i want to be completely clean...but i cant deal with problems so i justify in my head that its alright to drink cuz im not doing pills, i know you guys understand.....help....i need something....im drunk right now, cuz i suck...and thats the first thing i want to do when something bad happens to me....I was doing so well....Help
Old 10-08-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You might want to check out local AA
meetings to help you quit drinking.

I certainly hope you can find answers...
Old 10-08-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm usually bad at this. I can try and make you feel better in the moment.

let ninja cat do something to help.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I see you are no longer online - I hope you come back to this thread when you sober up - please come back and share some more then. I'd be happy to share what worked for me. I am a recovering alcoholic and pill addict.

You aren't alone. You can recover.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have been sober for 88 days now. I thought I wanted to stop drinking many times before but always ended up relapsing and cursing myself. Now I'm staying sober far more easily and for longer cause this time I "really" want to stay sober more than I want to drink. Before, all those times, I still wanted to drink, whether normally or alcoholic-aly, and I can only conclude, after the fact, that I just didn't want to quit badly enough.

My last relapse the withdrawals were HORRIBLE. I swore, as before, I'd never do it again. But this last time I really meant it. Can't explain it any other way. But it's a strong feeling deep in my gut. I just finally had enough.

I hope you can finally have enough of the negatives to quit for good! You CAN do this. If I can, anyone can.

:ghug3
Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No, YOU can't deal with the problems in your head. YOU can't keep yourself sober. Will power is not the answer. You have to get to the point where you are willing to let someone else take control. You have to let go of the wheel and let your higher power guide you and then you have to do everything you have to do to follow and hold onto him. You won't be able to fix yourself. Find a meeting.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

We do understand.

I think it's crucial, in early recovery, to find different and healthy ways to deal with life's issues. It's not easy, but you can do it!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Pills and alcohol for me too. I've tried to treat them as one addiction, but it's the pills that I keep slipping on. Hope you come back.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

I can relate to this.

I quit drinking 5 days ago. But I have smoked pot a few times since (no pills since tho, except for vitamins and ginko) and I remain addicted to the nicotine patch. The way I see it, the nicotine addiction will have to be broken but just not now, it might make the whole quitting drinking thing harder than it is. Anyone who ever was addicted to nicotine knows how bad the first day or two is. And as for the pot, well, I never really thought that was too bad a problem, so I allow it in place of drinking right now. My goal is to kick it all, but the priority is the one really killing me (booze) and then deal with the others when this monster is under control.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hmph...

Thanks guys...Im really feeling down today...dont know what to do with myself, I just wanted to let everyone know im alive and sober TODAY....i'll write more when im not feeling so lost....
Old 10-09-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
No, YOU can't deal with the problems in your head. YOU can't keep yourself sober. Will power is not the answer. You have to get to the point where you are willing to let someone else take control. You have to let go of the wheel and let your higher power guide you and then you have to do everything you have to do to follow and hold onto him. You won't be able to fix yourself. Find a meeting.
translation: you are a huge ******* failure.

I know you likely don't mean that but it really could be easy to misinterpret it that way.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

ouch
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

HappyHippie,

There are many methods of recovery.

The most important thing is to keep trying. Don't give up!