Notices

Need some motivation ASAP

Old 10-05-2008, 10:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Finally--- finished for the evening. And I feel so much better. I feel accomplished and the weight that I could lifted anticipating doing this all week has finally been lifted.

Selfseeking: Good luck with your paper. I know where you are coming from. I really want to get over this procrastination and fear defect that I apply to everything in my life!

Old 10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh god... I'm so jealous. And tired. I want to be done so bad.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I know this isn't my thread but I'm too fried to figure out how to start myown. Jeez it's 8:05. I just sent in the effing paper. I am afraid about the quality. This is the frame of mind when you're like, falling asleep with your eyes open and not seeing paragraphs that just end midsentence. Its late anyway, I dunno if my prof will accept it. Am so tired. Never again. Hope I don't get kicked out of school, I'll never pay off the debt. aaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhh

G'morning!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Self- I am sorry you had to burn the oil on that one. I hope it all turns out okay!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm going to consider tomorrow day one on my sobriety from procrastination. I believe I'll start a thread!

Last edited by SelfSeeking; 10-06-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: brain dead and forgetting words
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Old 10-27-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
AKA 'grewupinabarn'

Procrastination??!! Someday or Not!

This is a little late but I found it on another addiction/recovery website:
The only cure for procrastination is action. Go beyond wishing, dreaming, considering, debating the options and get busy making it happen.

Yes, it's going to be a little uncomfortable, it's going to involve effort, it's going to require commitment, and you're going to run into difficult challenges. So ask yourself -- do you intend to make it happen or would you rather put it off again and again so that it never gets done?

What gets done is what gets done now. In a little while, in a couple of weeks, in a few years, when you get around to it -- these "somedays" never do come.

It's helpful to substitute the word "never" for someday, for that will force you to confront the issue. Give yourself the choice between doing it now or doing it never, and you'll be much more likely to do it now, if it's truly important to you.

This moment right now is loaded with great value. You can choose to take action, and make that value your own, or you can choose to do nothing and forever leave this moment's bountiful treasure behind.

Decide to accept the tremendous opportunity that is already available to you. Let go of the excuses, and make this the moment you jump into real, effective, purposeful action.

-- Ralph Marston

Ok, now Git' Er' Dun'!