Notices

day 5 over into day 6

Old 10-03-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking day 5 over into day 6

the physical symptoms continue and they get worse in the afternoon. wheni think about it, i really haven't craved a drink yet. i'm just trying to get thru the physical stuff. i feel stronger every day yet i know my journey has just begun. i find it almost amusing that this is my horoscope for today:

You are standing on the threshold of a new phase in your life and you may be feeling a combination of excitement and fear. You know that you can no longer rely on your old ways of doing things. It's time to leave your ingrained habits behind and try something new. You'll feel better about yourself as you step away from the familiar and into the unknown. By Rick LevineFriday, October 3, 2008

it's the weekend, though and i know that will be hard. i'm used to partyin it up from friday to sunday. send good vibes that i can be strong! and thank you SO MUCH for your encouraging words everyone!

i feel i can start posting more too! that's ok, isn't it? i made it almost a week!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on nearly completing a week Rachel,
good vibes and prayers heading your way- best wishes.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

rachel, Congrats on your success! The withdrawels are difficult and get worse everytime we put ourselves through it. What helps me not drink today is that I still remember my last withdrawel. I hope I never forget it. Best wishes on your day 6. One minute at a time was how I had to take it in the beginning. If I can do it You can too!
Hold on tight and keep posting. I think posting as much as you want can be great therapy, whatever it takes to not drink now. lol
Old 10-03-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great news Rach.

Looking forward to your posts

Ed
Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
You are standing on the threshold of a new phase in your life and you may be feeling a combination of excitement and fear. You know that you can no longer rely on your old ways of doing things. It's time to leave your ingrained habits behind and try something new. You'll feel better about yourself as you step away from the familiar and into the unknown. By Rick LevineFriday, October 3, 2008
Wow if that isn't a sign I don't know what is! Print that one out and hang it on the frig! Good job!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

great job, rachel.

blessings...
Old 10-03-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well done on your sober days. Just keep moving forward one day at a time. ONly focus on not drinking today. Today is all you've got, so just don't drink today.

Post as much as you like! This is a place to share your hopes and fears. Sorrow shared is halved, joy shared is doubled.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wow! Your Horoscope is on target.

Please do share as often as you choose.
Well done on your new sobriety