Notices

how the program helps me

Old 10-02-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile how the program helps me

Yesterday I was haveing lunch with one of my coworkers and then made a call to her partner. Could see in her face that what she was telling him was positve from her point of view. She felt that there was not a support system ther for her as she stated. After talking to her I was able to give some good advice and assured her that it will get better. To find out that she has low self esteem and confindence. I felt bad for her, explained from what I understood what she was saying and that she has to start to find herself again and start to love herself before she can love anyone else. Then it hit me that I was carrying my coin that has the serenity prayer on it and gave her the coin to right the prayer down and when things started to go bad start to say the prayer, as I explained it helps me get through the tough times in life. the rest of the afternoon there was a smile on her face and kept thanking me for my help.

If it was not for the program I would not be able to give such advice and put smiles back on peoples face. It made me feel warm inside to see that How that frown was turned upside down. I feel that there was such an acomplishment there that I have never had before. This is why I keep comeing back cause it is not about reaching everyone it is just the one that I can make a difference for. Just I have an ilumni speaker commitment this weekend and I happy excited to go. Cause It helps me stay positive and keeps me humble in that I know one mistake could take me back to that pain and misery.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Shemp. The miracles of the program.