Notices

60 days and under

Old 09-24-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Knock Knock, Can I come in too?
I want to stick close to my friend Self Seeker in the above post
I'm like your shadow, right behind you!

I gotta tell you friends, that I was drooling over the ice cream at Publix a few days back and a gentleman offered to tell me his favorite and suggested I might like it. Hey, I'm game! It was Publix brand called "Chocolate Trinity"

Jeez! It was like a religious experience! Soooo rich and decadent, it was too much! Whew. I have to cut it with vanilla every night since that first experience just so I don't hurt myself
Old 09-24-2008, 05:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Pelican, glad to have your company on a brand spankin new board! I've got an icecream for you to try- Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Brownie. It sounds simple, like something you've already had before, but it is a special kind of extra-rich chocolate icecream and then of course brownie chunks. Find it!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad to see you all clean and sober!! Keep moving forward, one day at a time! I'm happy to see people doing well and happy with themselves! Joy shared is doubled, sorrow shared is halved.

We've got a great family here!

:ghug
Old 09-28-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 47 and I actually had to look at my calendar to know that.
Thats a miracle!!! :bounce

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest...Hello everyone
Old 09-30-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Bumpity, Bump, Bump....

Who is left in the 60 and under club?

I've been away for a bit and glad to see a lot of familiar faces around. According to the AA calculator, I have had 36 days sober! I am sooooo excited. I feel great.

Just enjoyed a four day mini-vacation with my siblings and our children. On Friday, they purchased a 12 pack of beer, and there were still 2 beers remaining when I left them on Monday. Makes me realize that when I was drinking that 12 pack would not have lasted the night. My sis knew I had quit drinking and I think my brother figured it out quickly. So together we all had a really great time without anyone doing much drinking.

The days are getting shorter. I better get out the door for a quick walk. Glad to see you all again!

Pelican
Old 09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just stopping by to say 'hi' to my friends that might still be here, plus any newcomers. Good to see everyone doing well. I'm glad to share your happiness at staying sober.

:ghug
Old 10-02-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi 60 days and under crowd,
I'd like to join you guys too... I'm at the end of day 30!
Old 10-03-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm here :atv racing towards 60 - day 48 for me.

sas
Old 10-03-2008, 03:56 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

greetings...

Hello everyone, I'm 29 years old and brand new to this forum (in fact this is my first posting). This is day number 3 for me of being alcohol free. I am a self-medicating alcoholic. It sounds a bit cheesy only saying 3 days but I suppose you have to start somewhere. Over the past couple of years I've attempted to quit on multiple occasions, only to find myself relapsing. However I have learned that I can't possibly squeeze alcohol into my life at all whether it be as a "social drinker" or "drinking in moderation". I always end up back in the same place, and for me to keep on drinking is like being dead already. So it's time to try actually living. I've realized the insanity of my addiction and have finally come to terms with it. I can no longer live in denial. Well it's all a bit scary at this point but here goes...
Old 10-03-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Greetings to you Infinity!

Welcome to SR:ghug3

Day 3 is great, you've kicked butt for two days and it sounds like you are thinking clearer today.

I too have had false starts on sobriety. This site has been a terrific help to me in getting me past some roadblocks. One of my best tools this time was reading the excerpts from Under the Influence that are posted on this site. I went out and bought the book, and am still reading through it. I have finally been able to get my heart and head in agreement. Me, my head and my heart agree that I can not handle alcohol. My only option is abstinence. In the past, my head or heart, would have me believe that I was not drinking as much as ______; or believe that I could drink in moderation (moderation with blackouts); and that I drank to deal with stress.

In the end, all that false belief got me was anxiety and guilt every time I drank. It really is nice to wake up each morning without all that internal strife!

Post often, read alot and let us know how you get through your day!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Day 60!
Goodbye to the 60 days and under club. Time to move on to even greener pastures. Where I will become even more normal. This is difficult to imagine-feeling more normal than I do now. I spend a normal day waking up, a productive day working and relaxing. I jump at the chance to spend time and activities with friends. I take all the positive moments and use them to anchor my sobriety. It's nice to deal with the positive instead of the negative. When starting out, I used to reward myself often. My reward now is to have a normal, natural and fulfilling life. Prayers
Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

CONGRATS Hopeto180!!! YEAH!! 2
:day4
Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi Friends!

I am DAY 32 today!! Glad to join this thread. :ghug2