not a greeter

Hi and welcome wibble .
Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome wibble
Old 09-02-2008, 01:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well i made it into day 2 ok, no hangover, sun is shining feel really good.

I saw so clearly yesterday why i've failed every other time, I have so many triggers and people i use as excuses to drink...i have quite a drinking support network!!!!

This time though i'm gonna stick with SR, the support on here is simply fantastic as Pixy says i really don't know where i'd be without this. Well i do...I would have been drinking yesterday.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Wibble today, I'm going on my first blind date ever which is also my first sober date ever.

Unbloodythinkable 2 months ago.

Friends...I know your dilema too well. My close circle are very supportive, having been concerned with my drinking habits for many years.
But radiating outwards things get harder, a little white lie can help in early sobriety, saying you're on antibiotics will reduce the curious looks and peer group pressure.

Triggers you can overcome and reprogram yourself, regarding, as they arise. This took a while in my case and a bit more field research, which I wish I hadn't had to do.
I fought hard for my right to drink, stupid, stubborn numpty that I am.

All the best, tha's doin' grand!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Jig

Hi Wibble and welcome.

Sounds like you're on the right track, stick with it mate.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm liking the idea of Antibiotic.'s.. I really have to just manage the triggers better as i know thats why i've failed every other time. There is always a reason to drink. Always a friend who needs me to meet them, always a meeting than goes onto the pub, always something that triggers me.

Its hard because i have a lot of really good friends that i value the friendship of but i can't be around them when they drink as i can't stop myself. Gulping drinks down, being the first one to finish a drink (every time) and then looking at my watch when its late enough so i can leave and continue on my own terms.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 2

I have a night out planned for Friday night. It's a large meal with the girls and lots and lots of wine I may try the Antibiotic's idea or it may be easier not to go. I think it may be safer not putting myself in that position.

I'm trying to tell myself this is a way of life now and things will not be the same. If I dont change what I do I will keep getting the same results. Which I dont want, thats why am here. I hate what I have become and no longer want to live like this. I suppose the change needs to be worked at. If it was that easy there wouldn't be a problem.

As Least said in one of her posts, "You have to want to be sober more that you want to drink" and this time I think I do.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't think until you actually stop drinking you realise how many opportunities to drink you had littered throughout your life.

Meeting yesterday with a friend skillfully booked as the last meeting of the day so i could drink afterwards. Work event tonight that i knew they'd be booze at...have to go to that even though its of zero interest or use!!!

At the moment i just want to steer clear of any temptations and keep my head down. Hopefully once i've got a bit more time under my belt i'll be able to deal better with awkward situations, but at the moment they seem very heard
Old 09-02-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

This afternoon has been hard, not because i almost had a drink but because i've already started the stupid scenario's in my head about when i'm going to drink or when i'd have to drink.

"well if that meeting goes badly i'll drink" etc...

Wow thats pretty stupid isn't it.

I did find myself drifting off in the middle of a meeting today and started thinking about drinking....
Old 09-02-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Can't believe how bad the cravings have been since i got home.

A real physical demand for alcohol, i can almost taste the demand in my mouth a real physical experience. Its so similar to coming off coke but the difference with that was that i'd just get battered on booze to take the cravings away....

I bought under the influence from ebay the other day so i'm gonna get my head into that... its got to be better than sat here thinking about driving to the shops to buy booze....
Old 09-02-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wibble just replied to your other post before I read this one.

I know exactly what you mean about almost tasting it. All I could think of was wine and how much better my meal would taste with it.

Try and remember how good it will feel to wake up in the morning with a clear head.

This isn't going to be easy for any of us. But there is never going to be a right time to stop. We can go through it now or another day but sadly the nature of alcohol is that we may never get to that other day and if we do, who knows what we will have lost or destroyed on the way.

Just think we are already non drinkers. We are not waiting for that day that we are going to stop. We have!!!

Please let me know how your evening has gone.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thats funny i just replied to your other message first as well...

Yeah today hasn't been easy, i'm gonna remember today when i start with the "am i really an alcoholic?" rubbish in a few days....I'll remember the cravings and how angry i felt....

I feel a sense of relief i'm going to bed in a minute that i got through.

We are non-drinkers.... sounds pretty good! Good luck with tomorrow and keep posting. This is keeping me sane.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:44 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day 3... First thing that strikes me is how deeply i've slept. I'm not waking up at 2/3/4am and then lying there hating myself... I just go to sleep and sleep...

Ok i admit getting to sleep isn't that easy...but one step at a time and all that!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Jig

Hang in there Wibble, you're doing great.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So far so good today. Had a long talk this morning with my wife about how i'm feeling and whats going on. I even read her big extracts from "under the influence"...she looked thrilled... ;-) Between that book and reading threads on here a lot of things are starting to make sense

So far its been ok but i guess i'm starting to roll around to the kind of time when i'd start to crave so we'll see how things go.

Thanks for the words of support, really means a lot.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Wibble, hope the rest of your day was as positive.

Coming to the end of day 3
Old 09-03-2008, 02:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm having terrible mood swings, my mood turns so swift its hard to keep up. I feel sorry for my wife having to put up with all the nonsense!

Cravings haven't been that bad but its the combination of anxiety, anger and mood swings thats driving me crazy

Day 3 almost over.... tomorrow is gonna be tough i know that already... meetings all day and the final one would always I MEAN always end in loads of booze..... plus i'm away from home which just makes things even worse.....

I'm gonna keep all the positive words and encouragement from you guys in my mind though and i'll report in tomorrow evening when i get back. Big deep breaths for wibble please...this is the first really big test for me.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

:praying You stick with it!!!! It will get easier.

Just think about coming back here tomorrow night and telling us all about your evening!

Do this for you
Old 09-03-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks pixy, send a search party if i'm not on here tomorrow night!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey Wibble, how has your day day gone?

Hope you have made it through ok thoughts are with you :praying