Notices

Why was the chronic thread closed???

Old 08-24-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Anna - You're right. The word "chronic" was simply taken out of the thread. It is for people who are two weeks and under who want to share with each other.

Why would you want to be "chronically" under 2 weeks? I am just baffled by this. I thought we are trying to get to sober together? Come on you guys! Join the 2 weeks under thread - part three and get encouraged. You're not chronic. You're not hopeless.

With Love,
Kathleen
Old 08-24-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I really don't think that the word "chronic" is the big deal. It is more like the people posting on here said that they only wanted to hear from people that were serious quitters. Not everyone gets out on the right foot to begin with. There are many relapsers. I just feel sorry for those people who are really trying but are having a hard time quitting. There are many people who are having a very hard time and think we need to consider them also. I am sorry if I am off track but I thought this site was about support.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by winwin View Post
I really don't think that the word "chronic" is the big deal. It is more like the people posting on here said that they only wanted to hear from people that were serious quitters. Not everyone gets out on the right foot to begin with. There are many relapsers. I just feel sorry for those people who are really trying but are having a hard time quitting. There are many people who are having a very hard time and think we need to consider them also. I am sorry if I am off track but I thought this site was about support.

This site is about support. Sometimes just like in meetings it works out best for us to take what works for us and leave out the rest.
Many different opinions/thoughts/feelings on a site as large as this.

Don't forget there is also the social support groups, someone can their own group, that may help them also.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Winwin,

I'm sorry you feel that SR is not about support.

I honestly don't understand for a minute how you can think that.

I honestly don't understand how you think people who relapse are not being considered here.

We are all here to offer support and to help each other along this road.

This thread is closed.