Notices

I Feel too young for this...

Old 08-23-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Maybe you do need help. Alcoholism is not overcome by will power.
The disease is predictable, progressive, cunning and fatal.
Predictable consequences will come your way with health, depression, suicidal thoughts, legal problems, relationship problems, economic problems, lost potential, etc.

Yea you are 19, rather than think you are too young for AA, celebrate that you understand at this age that you are powerless over alcohol...step one.

I have 24 yr. old alcoholic son and I can tell you the wreckage from 19 to 24 is massive.
Ask your parents to help you find an affordable treatment center. Make this your sole
focus...because unless you do all the rest of the things in your life will be gone anyway.

Your thinking got you where you are. At this point ask for help and follow directions.
Keep it simple.

Good luck to ya in your journey to sobriety. Is it fair that you have an allergy to alcohol...NO. But you do and it will destroy your life as you already have a glimpse of.
Do not let your guard down. This is a disease that can be overcome on a daily basis
of working at it.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

JC, I'm 27 and was drinking dangerously at your age too. I did the same thing FD did and told myself that's what people did in college, their early 20s, etc. But the years went by and the drinking actually got worse. You're doing a really good thing for yourself by facing up to it now... good for you I think it would be great for you to find an AA group specifically for younger people, because your age group does a lot of binging and it'll be helpful to see that not EVERYONE does.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Wlecome to SR jc Let us know how your doing.

Kevin