# 301 (permalink)  

Nanoo Nanoo!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by NOMOMERLOTMAMMA View Post
Toilet flusher thingy broke

BUT, G*D DA%MN IT..I AM SOBER TODAY!
I love it when I get a day thats less than perfect but I realise its life and that I am clean and alive. Onya (((MAMMA)))
Old 08-29-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

i get to do my most favorite Fairy Prince chore...

fix mammas Toilet flusher thingy!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Um, Rust, please wear pants when ya do!

xo
Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Maw
Old 08-30-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

NANOO NANOO right back atcha, RZ!

I think I have a whine coming on, and then I think about the folks in Texas and Louisiana...and maybe Florida...tracking the two hurricanes.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I need to whine.

Today started out going so well, and now it's just going downhill in a hurry. I'm in a grumpy-grump mood and yes, I'm sitting here thinking about drinking. Haven't DONE it, but am thinking about it.

I'm sick of my teenager constantly pushing my buttons and testing his limits and trying to get away with things he knows he can't get away with.

I'm tired of feeling like I'm being pushed out of a job that I like and that I'm good at just so my boss's girlfriend and daughter can do the work instead.

I'm sick to my stomach at the prospect that New Orleans is about to get hammered again (it's my hometown and I still have friends and family there). Katrina made my dad lose enough that he moved up here. The city can not go through all that again, just 3 years later, and bounce back. It's just not fair.

I have been thinking back to how positive and confident I felt just 6 short hours ago... I'm trying to get back there, I really am... it's just so hard right now.

My college team is about to play football so I'm gonna go watch the game (WITHOUT a beer, for the first time in... uh... who knows how long) and hopefully that will cheer me up. Wow. Football without beer. Who knew?
Old 08-30-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hi TSH...yep it is hard when you try to do all the right things and things seem to not get better. Been there lately and sure can relate! Lately I have been remembering something I heard years ago...You don't always get what you want, you don't always get what you need....You get what you get!

I know it doesn't sound like a very positive thing, but he helps me to realize that I'm not necessarily expecting anything outlandish, there isn't "something wrong with me"...sometimes things just aren't right and it isn't my fault and then I basically have to just get on with it....hang in there and post away!

My whine....when are we gonna get visitor messages back!!!!!!! Arghhhhh
Old 08-30-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Mine is not a 'worthy' whine, more like just cryin' over dumb stuff. Just too bored today. Had nothing important to do, so just hanging out, maybe missing college kid too, I do'nt know. See, I told you it wasn't a worthy whine!:chatter
Old 08-30-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Administrator

my whine is that this is a mimed performance
  # 311 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're having a tough time, TryingSoHard. I feel like crap, too. And I, too, started out the day all excited about Saturday sober. And it was great this morning. I took the dog to the dog park and it was fun but I think I just got worn out. Then I went to the used book store. They have very little there about alcoholism but I found one book. Tried to read it and it was pure idiotic bull poo. AT least it seemed like it while I was reading it today. I did get a good nap out of it but woke up feeling lonely and mad and overwhelmed. I've let my house get so messy! I feel like I'll never catch up and have it look like a normal person lives here. I work on the outside but not the inside. Kind of like I do with me. I'm craving a drink, too. I hate this feeling. I hate the feeling I'd feel in the morning if I did drink even more. Coming home from the book store, guess what? They've opened a new liquor store right up the road. I use to have to go to the next town to get some. I'm not going there, though. I'm having Tahitian treat (fizzy fruit punch) and eating almonds. I'm going to turn into a blimp! I'm already overweight from all the drinking. But I'd have to eat an extra 2000 calories or something like that to make up for all the rum and coke I use to consume, so I won't worry about it.
Thanks for letting me whine too! Hey, can I have some cheese with my whine? I would never watch football while I was craving if that's something I did while I was drinking. That's just me, but please be careful. Hang in there and I will, too.
Big Hugs!! Cyber hugs... That's a whole nuther whine but I'll save it for another time.
  # 312 (permalink)  

ALL Whines are worthy here on the whinner's thread!!!!

least :ghug3
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Thanks for the Stones song Dee! That was awesome, just what I needed.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you liked it Karen - I needed it too

kind of an anti whine song in sentiment really - but cmc isn't here
Nands reminded me of it in her post thanks Ananda~!

D
Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I also thank you for that fine song! Brings me back to a simpler time... or maybe I was just 'simple' at that age!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

BIG whine today....What do the following places have in common?

Phillippines Pakistan California Boston California (again) Canada east Canada west and India????

I spent the entire afternoon talking to Techno-idiots in each of those places who couldn't help me with major computer problems (this would be my 3 month old new laptop with all software installed before I picked it up)

NO, YOU CANNOT E-MAIL ME INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE MY E-MAIL PROGRAM HAS BEEN ERASED YOU IDIOT.....JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU TWO MINUTES AGO

Seems that when I bought the computer, they put on Office (which I paid for) and then activated the 90 day trial version instead by mistake....and my 90 days was up today. It took a phone trip around the world to figure that one out.

Who has the coldpack?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Sorry, y'all... I'm not done whining yet.

I'm tired of constantly feeling caught in the middle between my husband and my teenage son (he's my child from my first marriage).

And, something very odd happened today. My husband has been out of town all week. I have still not yet told him about my drinking problem. He knows *something* is bothering me and that I feel flawed and messed up and depressed, but I have not been able to tell him exactly what the problem is. Yesterday I went out and bought cranberry juice, club soda, and sparkling water. It was sitting on the counter in the kitchen. This afternoon he said, "Oh, did you get some stuff so you could make virgin cosmopolitans?"

I know that's a very innocent question, but it's INCREDIBLY odd that he would even ask that. I don't think I've EVER made a virgin drink in the 11 years that I've known him. Not even when I was pregnant! So why all of the sudden would that be his first thought? Why didn't he ask me if I got mixers to make real cosmos?

I read a post here a couple of days ago, posted by a new member, and I swear to god it sounded like it could have been written by him. Now I'm honestly wondering if it was. If so, I feel like my privacy has been invaded. I don't want to jump to any conclusions but at this point I honestly don't know what to think.

It's probably just because I'm in a crap mood now and my imagination is running wild...

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
BIG whine today....What do the following places have in common?

Phillippines Pakistan California Boston California (again) Canada east Canada west and India????

I spent the entire afternoon talking to Techno-idiots in each of those places who couldn't help me with major computer problems (this would be my 3 month old new laptop with all software installed before I picked it up)

NO, YOU CANNOT E-MAIL ME INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE MY E-MAIL PROGRAM HAS BEEN ERASED YOU IDIOT.....JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU TWO MINUTES AGO

Seems that when I bought the computer, they put on Office (which I paid for) and then activated the 90 day trial version instead by mistake....and my 90 days was up today. It took a phone trip around the world to figure that one out.

Who has the coldpack?
Oh NO!!!! That STINKS!! I swear, I DESPISE all the tech support outsourcing that's taken place in the last few years. It makes things so difficult.

I hope it's all fixed now!!!

(But yeah, I love it when you call to report internet problems and they tell you that you can check service status online...)
Old 08-30-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Queen'y
Who has the coldpack?
here ya go!

queen'y, ya ought'a sig some of the people on stoney's bottoms thread on the idiots!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

ROFL Rusty!!