Notices

How I did it

Old 07-10-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How I did it

I still struggle with my sobriety. Its not as hard as it was but the temptation is still there. I have a little over 2 years clean and had a using dream 2 nights ago.

You have to be sick and tired of living that life. You have to want to get clean for yourself not someone else. I tried getting clean to get my mom off my back or to make my P.O. happy but it didnt work. I always ended up in the same rut I started in.

Ive been struggling with cocain (and every other drug out there) addiction for the past 10 years. The last time I got locked up, I woke up the next morning with bruises and needle marks covering my arms and told myself I had to stop. I prayed like Ive never prayed before.

I realize some people dont believe in God but that is who keeps me clean. I was not raised in A church or religious family. I was raised in an abusive alcoholic family. God is someone I found on my own. The first time I got locked up is when I first found out about Jesus Christ. I was 16.

I wish I could say things changed over night but they didnt. From that point I fell many times and got locked quite a few time also.

Today I maintain my sobriety by never forgetting where I came from. I surround myself with positive people. Ive tried to stay sober and hang out with my old friends but it never worked. I tried to just drink a few beers and call it a night but that never worked. I had to give up everything from my past completly. I attend a good recovery group called Celebrate Recovery. They have one in almost every city. I attend church and Church functions. I workout 4 days a week and eat healthy. Too much spare time is something I try not to have. Thats when my mind starts to wonder.

If you fall, that does not mean give up. No matter how many times you fall get back up! Find what works for you and go with it.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Powerful share....Thanks!

Congratulations on your recovery journey
Old 07-10-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the share shorty!