Notices

Really trying

Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Really trying

Just wanted to thank you all!I will keep you posted .Today not a good day for me(with the pills)Not sure what i can and can not talk about on here i dont want to be a trigger for anyone.So could y'all let me know what can be said.Its good to know i have the support here.i have been "hermet like" dont want to live my house latley!!UHHH!!So i do have this!Keep me in your paryers i will do the same for y'all
Old 06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kelsey,

We do understand how difficult this is.

You can share your experiences. The only issue here is asking for or giving medical advice.

You are in my prayers.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Hey kelsey2008. We're here for ya 24/7.... And if I may clarify just a bit from 51Anna, that is "DO NOT" ask for or give medical advice. Other than that, I believe the wonderful folks here at SR are firm believers in freedom of speech. If you do post something that is out of line, they will remove it. So post on....
Old 06-18-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Kelsey2008.

Here to listen, we can all help each-other. Tell us what's on your mind when you need to, that's what I do, and it keeps me away from temptation...

Heavy
Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Kelsey as Anna stated-pretty much sums it up...

Sorry that you are going through this today and having such a difficult day

Remember why you found us and I can bet that was because you wanted to help
yourself-We are here to support you in anyway that we can-

It is ok to have bad days but try not to stay in them too long as
you are worth the happiness and joy that recovery will bring to you!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Kelsey. I'm going through the same thing right now. I don't want to leave the house and my little 2 yr. old is wanting to get out. It's so hard. I just want to lock myself in a room with I Love Lucy episodes or something. It really does feel like there's nothing to look forward to....but I know that the opposite is true.
I'm trying so hard to remember the last time I went through this..how long it took to be happy again. I just know that some of the best times in my life were after the last time I stopped taking pills. So....it DOES get better. Please PM me if you want to talk. I really do understand with all my heart. And nothing you say will be a trigger. My brain is just one huge trigger now anyway.
Love to you.
Jody
Old 06-18-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't know if you've shared this in a previous post or if you even want to share but, what pills were you taking? I was taking Norco 10 to 13 a day. Vicoprofin when I didn't have Norco.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kelsey,

detoxing off of pills without the help of a professional can be extremely dangerous! please call a local detox center for information, and possible admission into a facility. there is no need for you to go through this alone, and you might actually hurt yourself a great deal if you try.

John
Old 06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Abbie-Normal

Kelsey,
You and I are in the right place. I joined this morning. I love where I am. It's hard, I know. Believe me I know. Keep your chin up, we'll beat this thing! ))))HUGZ((((
Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope you keep posting Kelsey!!!

I won't be triggered if you are still taking pills and are trying what you can do to get off.

I really need to talk to others who are going through the same thing and what they are doing to get through this.

Best of luck to you.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((Kelsey))))

Sending hugs and prayers across the U.S....

Hopefully, you're able to get some well earned rest tonight! Sorry today wasn't the best, but keep trying and tomorrow can only get better.

Again -- be sure to check with a Doc if you should have any concerns about whether or not you're o.k.. Take good care of yourself, alright?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Kelsey,
You'd be surprised what I've said on here and gotten support for - no one can help you out and support you if we don't know what's going on. I'm struggling to stay off pills to (and naive as it sounds, I had NO IDEA it was as common as it was until I found this site) I think just knowing that it IS so common, and that people succeed in recovering from it has given me more motivation than I ever hoped for when I signed on here.
Keep posting and just know that it CAN be done. You have to be ready, and you have to be willing. That's all it takes to get started.
Sorry I can't tell you it easy.......I'm sure you already know that it's not. but you know what? it's SOOO worth it. Keep trying - and get a plan together. see your doctor, post on here, get a support system going at home - whatever you need to do.
we're rooting for ya!!