Notices

I want to run away

Old 06-11-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OR........
since we all agree that at times it would be nice to run away.......we could all discuss where we would go if we had the chance and pretend to go there.

but we're complainers, and we probably wouldn't like it there either....
Old 06-11-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

((Krista)) - I LOVE your sense of humor Keep it - being able to laugh at some things has gotten me through many a rough patch over the past 15 months.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
getting there

Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
And really, compared to a lot of other folks, my problems are really not that big a deal. But in my mind they become larger than life itself overshadowing the good and making me incredibly irritable and depressed.
I feel like I'm listening to myself talk as I read through your posts on this thread. I have been so depressed and anxious and obsessing over anything I can find to worry about that I'm driving myself crazy. Yesterday, I made the conscious decision to buy a bottle of wine, in an attempt to make my life seem "normal" and "not empty" again. Guess what, today I'm still depressed. What a big surprise! And now I have to start my days over.

I wish I knew how to answer your question, but all I can say is I know exactly how you feel. Hang in there and keep posting!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

I know exactly how you feel I want to Escape everyday
of my existing life from pressure,from stress,family issues
Bills,my reality World,

I went to the Beach Yesterday by my self early in the morning
just to find my self, and to sort things out, and I felt at peace
at ease with no care in the world.

and then when I return the unexpected happens Back to
my reality world, my husband was home with
my father in-law trying to put up the air conditioner
they had no Idea what they were doing my husband had and attitude, Mad cause he was tire cause he couldn't sleep well the
night before so he went to work tire, then there trying to put
the aircond, and the storie gos on, and on, and on,

my house was a mess after living it clean, they turn my living room into a personal carpenter party, then my landlord argues with my
husband about the new rent breakdown, then my father in-law gets in, my dad did one of his disapering acts remind you he is 70
and the list Go's On, & On, & On

so you see fallingdown when we come to recovery the problems are still going to be there is a God giving Process to make us Grow
Yeah! as dumb as it sounds I came to the conclusion
that the tests that life has prepare for me everyday
weather it be my Husband ruff, insensitive,attitude ways
or my Landlady driving me crazy about rent and Bills
and my Dad Going missing.

is for me to Grow in the middle of those Storms it Hurts
I ain't going to lie and tell you I Got it all down Pack
cause I Don't But Just for Today I will be Still
in the Eye of the Storm it was told to
me that when Life trows you a Lemon make Lemonade out of it

you have to be Still and Just Trust the Process and then this
too Shall Pass, God Bless You
Old 06-11-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by Klynn33 View Post
OR........
since we all agree that at times it would be nice to run away.......we could all discuss where we would go if we had the chance and pretend to go there.

but we're complainers, and we probably wouldn't like it there either....
Let's have an impromptu meeting at your house. Put the coffee on.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Starbucks coming up!!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Hi Fallingdown,

Oh, I used to feel exactly the way you are feeling right now.

I couldn't imagine how I could get through an evening with myself, without alcohol.

I knew that I was losing everything in life that mattered to me and I had to take that leap of faith. When I took that leap of faith, I let go of all my preconceptions of myself and my life. What I was left with was the core of myself and my job was to begin to like and to love myself.
I was not able to admit that I was "powerless" over alcohol because I did not FEEL it to be true (even though I wish I could've been able to admit it!), and I did not want to be lying about something that I did not feel. Is this what taking the "leap of faith" is about...trusting one's Higher Power with this condition, even if one is still partly in denial?

These days I'm still pretty confused about it. I went through a period of time where I thought I had a problem, now suddenly I started to drink again and now believe myself to be a "normal drinker." I still browse these forums out of curiosity, and in case I might be wrong.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Alcohol was my pause button. Everything stopped as I sat in my arm chair (a la Homer Simpson except I had excellent wine instead of Duff beer). I am now trying to learn how to relax with herbal tea or water. I back am on antidepressants which helps me (or to be more accurate, allows me to function such that can go to work and pay for dog food instead of sitting on floor crying.) Have done lots of yelling. Including at this STUPID computer. And at jars I can't open. But have been able to find things which I couldn't when drinking eg keys, mobile phone, pens etc. Guess I now remember where I put them!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Alcohol paused everything for me too, including feeling my emotions. Now that I'm not drinking I want to run away from my feelings cause they are so overwhelming. But I can't run away. I have to stay here and deal with them sober. It's very hard to do and very uncomfortable. But at least I'm sober. That's a start.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

And really, compared to a lot of other folks, my problems are really not that big a deal.
Your not alone fallingdown. I'm the same way and so is my sponsor and who knows how many others. This kind of thinking kept me from dealing with my "not that big a deal" problems for years.
But in my mind they become larger than life itself overshadowing the good and making me incredibly irritable and depressed. I know booze won't help, but what will?
Talking about them. Express your feelings like you have here about your problems not being that big compared to other peoples problems and then talk about them. Get them out there so another person can give you some feed back. Once you share them they are no longer in your mind getting larger than life. Another person can help bring them back down to a size you can handle.

Hang in there. :ghug3
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

um...excuse me....tommy said last night that we were all going to meet at my place to discuss where we should all run away to....I put the coffee on. no-one showed.
I've been stood-up by my "friends" at SR. waahhhhhh

.....and I suppose you're going to try and use the old "but we live in a different country" excuse....