Notices

I Am So Lost

Old 05-28-2008, 01:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Am So Lost

I just got out of detox and guess whhat---juust drank a bottlle of Vodka
Old 05-28-2008, 01:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe a different center with a different detox? One more suited to your needs?
Or maybe just a little longer?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What happened? Why do you think you did this? Maybe you aren't ready to be sober? If you aren't ready, then, you just aren't. But, when you are, you'll know, and be willing to do whatever it takes.

I'm sorry you're hurting.

Honu
Old 05-28-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Detox only removes the alcohol from your system and helps with withdrawals. You need more than that; you need intensive rehab to learn coping skills.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Try again and again and again

never stop quitting. if that's the best you can do right now that's ok. I've quit hundred of time, and fallen prey to my own demons again.

get back on recovery as soon as you can

what can you do different this time?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I choose to live

((((shawmac)))))) try to keep it with that one bottle..Or if there's still some left throw it away..Just say no to the first sip..I wish you a lot of strength...Stefanie
Old 05-28-2008, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

never give up !!!!!

Sometimes we have to fall several times before recovery"sticks". Are you truly ready to be sober? It depends on what took you to detox. When you are sick and tired of being sick and tired and hit your bottom, only then will you be receptive to recovery. Before then you are only spinning your wheels. As alcoholics/addicts we only really have two choices- continue our addiction until it kills us, AND TRUST ME IT WILL. or pursue sobriety and reclaim our lives and health. Please choose the latter dear one. As someone earliar told you-detox only removes the toxins from your system.It is not the same as recovery. As alcoholics/addicts we must regain our physical, mental, emotional, and MOST IMPORTANTLY- spiritual health. It can be done and please know that you can do it. I used drugs and alcohol for about twenty years, attempted quitting about a hundred times and I am now clean and sober for 11 months. Please locate a rehabilitation center that specializes in treatment and check in. Contact your local Salvation Army and they can direct you. They often have a long term treatment program that will trully restore you and it is FREE. Know that you can do it. There are millions of us that have been where you are and are now leading happy, productive, substance free lives. Ask your higher power for help and he will deliver. God bless you
Old 05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I want to smile again

I am sorry you are hurting.. it does feel terrible to think that you had this great ambition to quit something and then you find yourself doing it again. BE STRONG and know that you are better than the vodka. The people here are right though. You aren't going to get sober until you are really ready. Ask for help not only from the people at a detox center but people in your life. It's easy to get down on yourself when you don't have people to talk to or encourage you. You have taken a huge step here by reach out....call someone...write someone..show up at someones doorstep whatever will help you to put the bottle down and not pick it up.