Notices

Wow!

Old 05-24-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow!

Hey guys,

Just got back from the AA meeting that my sponsor invited me to. It was amazing!! Last night's meeting was small and women only, which made me feel comfortable and safe. Tonight's was totally different...lots and lots of people, a great speaker, and was made to feel very much at home. I'm so glad I listened to you all! It's almost 10 pm here, and I just realized that I haven't even thought about wanting a drink for most of the day. I'm not counting the minutes today, which is such an amazing feeling! The rollercoaster apparently is on it's way up, again...LOL

I know I've been bouncing up and down all day, but I just want you to know that between the AA meetings, my new sponsor and you, I have gotten through another day with out picking up a drink! I hadn't realized just how isolated I had become, and it feels really good to be connecting with so many who can understand. Thank you so much for all of your words of wisdom and support. I've NEVER made it this far before, and I know it's because of you.

Thank you :ghug
Old 05-24-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

As I said before, us helping you helps us! I'm glad you've had a good day. Doesn't it feel good to feel good again? My roller coaster was going up and up the last couple days, now it feels like it's headed back down. But as long as I can give a hug or a supportive word, I'm still alive and still worth something!

lots of love to you!:ghug3
Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Least,

You are worth a great deal! You have been very helpful and supportive to me! Let me know what I can do for you!

:ghug3
Old 05-24-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hooray Flgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely know what you're talking about. When I first started going to AA, I was aprehensive to say the least. But it is such a powerful experience and a really, really strong part of my recovery. I always feel understood and cared for when I leave.

Good for you!! I'm so happy for you!

- MLE
Old 05-24-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As you can tell, I am all for the roller coaster analogy!

I am glad to hear that your meetings went well. Just keep taking it one step at a time, sobriety gets even better!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's ok to be up and down.....
just don't pick up a drink and drink it down....

I noticed that by 2 months of AA recovery
I was back in balance physically and mentally.

I do so hope you will continue your progress
it's an awesome adventure to live sober...
Old 05-25-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol,

My sponsor is taking me to a meeting/get together tonight. I am feeling pretty good today :bounce I was watching a Christopher Titus link on youtube, that I found in the follies forum. Made me laugh so hard! I still can't believe that I am sitting here, laughing, not drinking and not feeling sorry for myself. Feels pretty good!
Old 05-25-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Haaaang in there, flgirl and least....it gets sooo much better, hang in there and you really will see, at a couple months sober, you feel a lot better. Give yourself a break and give yourself a chance, hang in there, hang on to the roller coaster of sobriety. Your self-esteem will continue to rise each day that you don't drink, you will be stronger. Thoughts are just thoughts, they pass.
Love from
kj
Old 05-25-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Flgirl,

I'm glad you're having a good day.

At the end of my drinking days, I was completely isolated too. It happened slowly and I didn't really recognize what was going on, until I was pretty much cut off from everyone.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow is right girl!!!

Honu
Old 05-25-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks guys,

I have been reading A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffet all afternoon. I was curled up reading about the exploits of the main character, when out of the blue, a HUGE urge to have a drink hit me. I mean it came out of nowhere, or at least I thought it did. Then I realized that I was reading about someone drinking rum (also one of my former favorites). I put the book down and jumped back on here. I think I'm just tired from not getting enough sleep. I also think I'm not going to drink over it Thanks for being here