Notices

For Those With Less than 2 weeks Sober Part 3

Old 06-22-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Ok...I went to home depot and it looks like I missed out on all the fun on this thread LOL

Krista....you had better come visit us on this 2 week n under thread....

Congrats....and thank you for your support here!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:28 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
He who seeks, will find

day 9

Back to work this morning after a somewhat shakey weekend, a lot of thinking going on but in general it went better than I had thought it would. Im fully detoxed at this stage, but that only happened on the last day or two. 72 hours don't seem to work for everybody, well not me anyways. Im feeling i can make friday or at least now I am confident that I can make friday and then try and get through another grueling weekend............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it never ends!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 03:41 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
No AA

showing up again for another try
day 1 again.
after a planned weekend of drinking...it sucked just as much as if i hadn't planned it. saturday's cookout with friends was fun and then not. i cry because i'm alone without a mate but then again i judge other ppl's relationships and am happy i'm alone. ppl can be so mean to each other. i just felt i had to drink - you know that's what i've always done with them. i don't think it's exactly working out for them either, but i don't think they know--it's just their life. but then again not my problem--gots my own.
so day one today. not looking ahead to any point in this week or month, just seeing how it goes. i did complete the whole work week last week --mon-fri afternoon not drinking which i didn't think was possible. i haven't done that in a long time so again i think...we'll see how it goes.
good to be back and it looks like everyone is doing good here on the thread -- congrats to you!
Old 06-23-2008, 04:01 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hello all! Welcome back faith! I'm still here. It seems I just about get out of the two-week thread, then do something stupid which brings me back. Right now I'm on day 6.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:02 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Originally Posted by faith08 View Post
i cry because i'm alone without a mate but then again i judge other ppl's relationships and am happy i'm alone.
I am so with you on this one Faith! I love living alone but would sometimes like a nice bloke a suburb or two away...I hurt my hand a month ago and had so many times I wanted a man...to open the friggin jars!
Old 06-23-2008, 04:23 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
No AA

congrats on day 6 rofl!!!!

PM lol thanks for the smile--i understand what you mean about the jars.... i was having issues with needing someone to scratch the spot on ur back where u can never reach---voila --kudos to whoever invented the backscratcher
yep i would love to find someone who had their own house to fall in love with and we could just hang out all the time and have sleepovers. LOL no fighting involved.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

I'm back again on Day1.......
It's no excuse, but hubby's long hours and being alone with the kiddos all the time finally got the best of me last night. Wasn't even worth it since I only had 2 beers and then the guilt set in so I went to bed. Grrr, why can't this be easy?????
Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Starting day two here and not feeling as bad as I deserve to feel. Will try to do something useful today, like cleaning this filthy house.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johneire31 View Post
day 9

Back to work this morning after a somewhat shakey weekend, a lot of thinking going on but in general it went better than I had thought it would. Im fully detoxed at this stage, but that only happened on the last day or two. 72 hours don't seem to work for everybody, well not me anyways. Im feeling i can make friday or at least now I am confident that I can make friday and then try and get through another grueling weekend............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it never ends!!!
John- RE: the "grrrr it never ends"

I have one day less than you, Day 8 for me today, but I get where you're coming from completely.

Here is a fantastic article that really helped me this weeked to have hope for the future, re- feelings of "grrrr it never ends"/deprivation.

It's the first thing I've read about recovery that made me feel like "Hey, maybe this not drinking thing won't be as bad as I'm imagining". Read it and tell me if you agree!

(the site won't let me post links but I think this is entirely appropriate and relevant, so I'm saying "dot" where "." should go

www [dot] bma-wellness [dot] com/papers/What_is_Recovery.html

Johnny
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thread continues:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1812291