Notices

Hi I'm new too

Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

well hey there! i was laughin a little bit when you mentioned you were the only alcoholic you knew, outside AA. because of the fellowship in the rooms of AA, pretty much all my very close friends are alcoholics. i still have a few i managed to salvage from my drinking days, but the better part of them are people who are growing spiritually and staying sober one day at a time with me. good stuffs!

welcome!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR HideorSeek, there is a great deal of really good folks here as you mentioned in every phase of recovery one could imagine.

At the end of my drinking the only thing left was AA, I saw no other solution, of course I had to go through medical detox to be able to have that pointed out to me!!!! LOL Keep hanging around, ask questions, give support.

Meetings for me today are a place to continue to draw upon the ESH of others and to give back what was so freely given to me. I have found that in AA, meetings are a small but important part of the solution, working the steps with a sponsor is what lifted the obsession I had for alcohol and freed me from myself and years and years of guilt and shame.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hello hideorseek I am new here as well It is hard to open up for me anyways hiding my addictions has been a life long deal with me I think that is one of the reasons why I finally quit sneaking around the corner to smoke a joint hiding my empties and my full bottles where I could remember where they were it just got to be too much. I am still hiding though the truth about myself from myself I only let the truth come out in little pieces.