Notices

First post

Old 01-17-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First post

Well, drink dayly 25 year old, hard to stop, use as cure for anexity, and to relax ...

Thinking i will take a break, but i push it forward all the time ...

:atv

Drinking homemade wine atm 17% around ...
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi and welcome sven . I hope you come back and read when you're not drinking too. Hopefully you'll find some inspiration to stop here.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea inspiration is exactly what i need, DAM why does it have to be so hard, i must say that i am not a full alcoholic, but i have an addiction and i seriously, need to stop drinking for like 1 2 weeks to get it out of my system ...

... But easier said then done, as most of you prolly know ...
Old 01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Yep... most of us do know. You'll find a lot of info, advice and supportive people here .
Old 01-17-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sven,

You've in the right place if you want to stop drinking.

Take a look around and read and get comfortable.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Welcome Sven,

You've in the right place if you want to stop drinking.

Take a look around and read and get comfortable.
I will but now i am kinda stressed i am about to move and it will take some time untill i will have internet access. But it is comforting that you say that this place is good for getting help.

It got worse after i where in the canerias islands alcohol is so cheap there compeared with sweden, before that i had have a time where i just drank during fridays, but some weeks before the trip i loosed it more and more ..
Old 01-17-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sven, I hope you will come back after you move. You know alcoholism is a progressive disease and it will continue to get worse unless you stop it. But, there is hope and we have lots of support here.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Sven,

It's always good to see a new member. I do hope you continue to visit us
Old 01-18-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Hi Sven,

It's always good to see a new member. I do hope you continue to visit us
I will, i just fix internet for my new apartment , my goal is only to drink on fridays, and it seems good when i move i wont have access to home made wine, which is odne with extra suger to make it stronger, so i hope that it will work out fine, but i will keep u guys updated ...

And thank you all for the support given in this thread ...
Old 01-18-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I could never limit myself to just weekends or just one day.. or just wine or just vodka if you know what I'm saying. I hope the Friday thing works for you. It didn't for me. Cutting back is probably a good goal for now though until you stop drinking altogether.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hey Sven,

Good luck...
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Sven! I just found SR myself yesterday. And I have a great feeling of hope today. I realize that I'm going to have some challenges ahead of me. I'm focusing on how good I felt last night & this morning - not drunk good, whole good, truly enjoying being with my little-one & my husband good.
Today at work, we have beers at around 4pm. I think I will either go home early - or NOT have a beer, maybe a really good gingerale.
Though - for me - it has not been the issue of social drinking - it has been drinking on my own - the excuse of 'my time', 'my thing' - this I 'get to control'. Thing is - it wasn't me doing the controlling.

You have my good thoughts.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I guess this with alcohol is a learning curve for us who misuse it, the reason i believe that I can succeding in just using it a little, is that for a couple of months ago (4 or 5), i had a break, during that break i could drink alcohol just during Fridays and it was no problem, but i loosed it again I think it was because of anxiety.

And i will try with that again if i fail i will hopefully learn something, i have also notice that u need something to motivate you, to do the cut down, because you need to be strong all the time, for me that will be my work, but in this moment I don’t feel the strength needed to do the cut down, which makes me sad, but i will try ...
Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Personally I think the "drinking just every Friday" idea is not a good one. This sort of thinking is how the part of your mind that is addictive tricks you into continued use. Just my thoughts and ofcourse not everyone is the same.